Thank you again for participating in the motor beta programme! We have had some really excellent feedback so far and our engineers are busy implementing ideas that have been suggested!
All the information you need to get started has been included below. Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact my colleague Jay Cornelius (email@example.com) who is managing this beta programme.
We look forward to working with you on this and hope it will be an enjoyable experience for you.
Imagineer Systems Ltd
The idea behind motor is to speed up the rotoscoping process by combining Imagineer’s unique planar tracker with a great rotoscoping toolset. This combination of technologies should allow you to rotoscope faster as more elements can be tracked, requiring fewer keyframes.
If you are not yet familiar with, or need a refresher on, the planar tracker, please study the following videos on motor’s sister product monet:
Planar Tracker (http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/monet/USP_PlanarTracker_Rotating_Zooming_Walkway.mp4)
Your input is very important to us. Please email your feedback to the following mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org to help us improve the toolset. We have added your name to this mailing list also, such that the feedback and lessons learnt can be shared with the entire group.
*Download and Installation *Image: http://www.imagineersystems.com/images/ImagineerSystemsThinBanner.gif
motor can be downloaded via the links below:
motor for Windows (http://www.imagineersystems.com/downloads/motor/MotorV1.1.0-beta3.exe)
motor for Mac OS X (http://www.imagineersystems.com/downloads/motor/MotorV1.1.0b3.dmg)
motor for Linux (http://www.imagineersystems.com/downloads/motor/MotorV1.1.0-Beta3.i386.rpm)
Please also download the cross platform license, which you are free to use for commercial applications, for use during beta programme, valid until 31 August 2006.
First install the motor software. Please refer to monet guide (http://www.imagineersystems.com/downloads/monet/MonetGuide.pdf) for more detailed installation instructions
To install the license, open the license.dat file, select and copy the text. For Windows and Linux, launch motor, go to Help / View License, paste the text. For Mac OS X, copy license.dat file into Motor.app package Contents
*New release: motor v1.1 beta 3 *Image: http://www.imagineersystems.com/images/ImagineerSystemsThinBanner.gif
This is the first public release of *motor *however some of you will be familiar with monet and *mokey *and hence the following changes should be noted:
- Clip and Lens tabs have been combined.
- The Layers Module/Tab no longer exists, as all layer properties have been broken out to specific panels.
- Layer key frames are indicated by red triangles at the bottom of Timeline.
- Instead of key-framing layer On/Off we have now included a In/Out point property, effectively setting a range per layer on the timeline.
- This is now a Layer Controls menu similar to layer menus in various compositing applications. Allowing control of visibility, render and lock/unlocking.
- In order to track a layer, select the specific layer and start tracking. Ensure that Render is not enabled on any other layers, as all Render enabled layers are tracked, unless they are locked, regardless of the layers selected.
- At present, the selected layer will track regardless whether Render is enabled or not. We are not sure if the majority of users will prefer this or whether the Render enabled/disabled button should override, please give us your input.
Select Track, in order to control Tracking keyframes. (Green Dots - Top)
Select Layer, in order to control Layer keyframes. (Red Triangles - Bottom)
Shapes can be exported to Shake from Track tab or via File | Save Shape Data.
GMask export in development.
- At present the new motor files can not be opened using monet or mokey, due to the file formats being slightly different. This will be corrected before the final release.