15.5.1 Crashes Vegas

Vegas released Vegas Pro 20 today, and Boris released Continuum 15.5.1.

Unfortunately 15.5.1 seems to cause Vegas to reliably crash to desktop if the FX Editor is selected in any BCC+ effect

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. The Vegas team are aware of the issue and my understanding is they know how to fix the problem and that they have plans to release an update.

Thanks,
Peter.

Just updated Continuum & thankfully everything seems fine in V19, Looks like i won’t be upgrading to V20 immediately.

Hey Guys.

Here’s an update to the Vegas crash issue when attempting to use the custom UI in BCC+ effects. We are planning on releasing a maintenance update to Continuum (2022.5.2) no later than mid-next week that will prevent the host crash, with some caveats. Here’s what you’ll see :

• FX Editor custom UI : Host video will not be displayed, however, you will be able to select presets and return to the host with the correct result.

• Mocha custom UI : Host video will not be displayed, but you will be able to create shapes and return to the host with the correct result.

That’s really all we can do on our end to fix this issue and return stability to Vegas 20 - when you install the forthcoming Continuum maintenance release Vegas 20 will no longer crash when attempting to use the custom UI feature, which is a good thing. Once Magix issues a maintenance release for Vegas 20 with a fix on their side, you will once again be able to see host video in the FX Editor and Mocha custom UI.

Thanks,
Peter.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m sticking with V19 for now until Vegas sorts it out, but will the maintenance update to Continuum (2022.5.2) you mention have any effect on how it works in V19, because at the moment everything is working well for me, don’t want to rock the boat ?

Continuum 2022.5.1 should be operating without any known issues in Vegas 19 - the crash was isolated to Vegas 20.

Thanks,
Peter.

1 Like

The Vegas team will also soon have this issue corrected.

Thanks, @PeterMcAuley, and @Steve_Rhoden.

Hi,

The initial v15.5.2 update resolved the crashing in Vegas 20 but the FX Editor and Mocha did not show frames correctly. There is a now a new Continuum 2022.5 patch which fully resolves the issue with the FX Editor and Mocha not showing frames in BCC+ filters in Vegas 20. If you re-download Continuum 2022.5 from the Boris FX website you will receive version 15.5.2B which contains this fix.

Cheers,
Jason

Thanks, seems to be working here, quick to load presets also :+1: