A few question: delete track and how to continue tracking a different plane

Hi!
I like Mocha for AE very much, but there are a few things that I don’t understand yet:

1. What is the correct way to delete all tracking information from a track that I’m not happy with? I mean is there another way to get a “clean slate” than to reopen the project?
  2. What would be the right way to proceed in a situation in which the original plane goes out of the frame and there are no other planes on the same planar space? I attempting to do just a stabilize for a handheld shot. I have plenty of good tracking planes in the second part of the video too, but they are located on a different position on the “z-axis”. I tried to just grab the track points after the original plane went almost out of the frame and move them to a new plane, but it just keeps jumping back closer to the original plane.
    I also tried to track the two planes separately, importing the both tracks individually into AE, but there is a noticable jump where the first track ends and the second track starts.
    What would be the right way to continue tracking in a situation like this where you don’t have planes on the same level that the original plane was on?
    Any help will be highly appreciated!
    Thank you!

Hi!

I like Mocha for AE very much, but there are a few things that I don’t understand yet:

1. What is the correct way to delete all tracking information from a track that I’m not happy with? I mean is there another way to get a “clean slate” than to reopen the project?

2. What would be the right way to proceed in a situation in which the original plane goes out of the frame and there are no other planes on the same planar space? I attempting to do just a stabilize for a handheld shot. I have plenty of good tracking planes in the second part of the video too, but they are located on a different position on the “z-axis”. I tried to just grab the track points after the original plane went almost out of the frame and move them to a new plane, but it just keeps jumping back closer to the original plane.

I also tried to track the two planes separately, importing the both tracks individually into AE, but there is a noticable jump where the first track ends and the second track starts.

What would be the right way to continue tracking in a situation like this where you don’t have planes on the same level that the original plane was on?

Any help will be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
The quickest way is to delete the layer you are tracking and redraw it. Each individual track is attached to a layer. You could also just retrack and let it overwrite what is there.

I would probably need to see the shot. Are you just trying to do a straight position/rotation stabilisation? Feel free to email me a compressed version and I can take a look for you: martinb@imagineersystems.com .
—End Quote—
Ok, thanks for your reply!

I will send you the email!

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
The quickest way is to delete the layer you are tracking and redraw it. Each individual track is attached to a layer. You could also just retrack and let it overwrite what is there.
I would probably need to see the shot. Are you just trying to do a straight position/rotation stabilisation? Feel free to email me a compressed version and I can take a look for you: martinb@imagineersystems.com .
—End Quote—
Ok, thanks for your reply!
I will send you the email!

—Quote (Originally by blockrocker)—

—End Quote—

2. What would be the right way to proceed in a situation in which the original plane goes out of the frame and there are no other planes on the same planar space?
—End Quote—

—End Quote—
  2. What would be the right way to proceed in a situation in which the original plane goes out of the frame and there are no other planes on the same planar space?
    —End Quote—