A few questions about capabilities of PI plug-in

Hello everyone,

I am considering purchasing the Particle Illusion plug-in for AE, just have a few specific questions about capabilities:

1. Can 3D particles move in front of and behind other 3D objects in a scene?
  2. Does Particle Illusion have/use Layer Emitters similar to how Trapcode Particular does?

Hi, sorry i don’t own AE so can’t answer your question directly but i think you would have to stack your layers in order so one is on top of the other, cut them at the appropriate time when you want one in front of the other, J Dickinson does that in this vid

’ 1. Does Particle Illusion have/use Layer Emitters similar to how Trapcode Particular does?’ sorry i’ve not got a clue

“Can 3D particles move in front of and behind other 3D objects in a scene?”

There’s no shared 3D space in AE – plugins each have their own 3D space. So if you’re talking about 3D objects in AE or from another plugin, then no. Maybe you’re asking if you can load 3D objects into PI? The answer there is also “no”.

You can certainly use layers in AE to get some limited 3D interaction, but in general no.

“Does Particle Illusion have/use Layer Emitters similar to how Trapcode Particular does?”

Not at this time.

Hope this helps.