A few spline usability questions

—Quote (Originally by barb)—
I’m finding the handles on the Bezier points tend to clutterthe shape of the object. Not quite sure why all the handles have to be visible all the time. (In AE they’re only seen when the point is selected, which I find alot less cumbersome. In motor I’m selecting the wrong handle when overlapped by another… , the accuracy of the outline I am drawing is also hard to gauge. Idealy I would like to only see the spline outline, points, and handles only of the active point.Is there a way of turning the non-active point handles off?
—End Quote—

Sure. Simply toggle the Tangent button under View Controls as per the attached image.

FYI - The Tangent button is a tri-state button

Tangent states:
Off - No Tangent displayed
Tangents - All Tangents displayed
Sel. Tangents - Only selected Tangents are displayed

Have a play with the View Control buttons as most of them are Tri-state.

—Quote—
Also not quite sure why the cursor arrow crosshairs into a crosshabeziern adjusting bezier points. Obscures vision when trying to be precise. Is that changeable in the preferences somewhere?
:confused:

Thanks,
Barbs
—End Quote—

Sorry no way to change this. Adding it to the list of requests.

I’m finding the handles on the Bezier points tend to clutterthe shape of the object. Not quite sure why all the handles have to be visible all the time. (In AE they’re only seen when the point is selected, which I find alot less cumbersome. In motor I’m selecting the wrong handle when overlapped by another… , the accuracy of the outline I am drawing is also hard to gauge. Idealy I would like to only see the spline outline, points, and handles only of the active point.Is there a way of turning the non-active point handles off?

Also not quite sure why the cursor arrow icon turns into a crosshair when adjusting bezier points. Obscures vision when trying to be precise. Is that changeable in the preferences somewhere?
:confused:

Thanks,
Barbs