A track that requires multiple paths over time

I have a short clip that, because of reflections, obscuring hands, etc., requires me to use multiple layers over time, but each layer is on its own over a specific number of frames. Another way of saying this is that I am using individual layers that have their ins and outs staggered. One is from 0-90, another from 91-128, another from 129-250 and so on. I’m a newbie, and I couldn’t figure out another way to get the entire clip to get a satisfactory track with only one layer running the entire length. But, now of course I have multiple bits of export data, which isn’t so much of a problem, but each *layer has a slightly different surface, so stitching everything together has slight bumps in the surface and matte track where the two clip sections meet up in AE.

Is there a way to have one layer across the entire clip with many splines, each spline turning on/off (active/inactive) via keyframes?

Sorry for the newbie question - I think this should be possible, but I haven’t been able to see clearly how I might do this.

Julian

I have a short clip that, because of reflections, obscuring hands, etc., requires me to use multiple layers over time, but each layer is on its own over a specific number of frames. Another way of saying this is that I am using individual layers that have their ins and outs staggered. One is from 0-90, another from 91-128, another from 129-250 and so on. I’m a newbie, and I couldn’t figure out another way to get the entire clip to get a satisfactory track with only one layer running the entire length. But, now of course I have multiple bits of export data, which isn’t so much of a problem, but each *layer has a slightly different surface, so stitching everything together has slight bumps in the surface and matte track where the two clip sections meet up in AE.
Is there a way to have one layer across the entire clip with many splines, each spline turning on/off (active/inactive) via keyframes?
Sorry for the newbie question - I think this should be possible, but I haven’t been able to see clearly how I might do this.
Julian

Hi Julian,

I’d have to see the clip in question to get an idea of what exactly you’re tracking. If you’d like me to take a look at it you can email to:
martinb[at]imagineersystems(dot ) com.

Hi Julian,
I’d have to see the clip in question to get an idea of what exactly you’re tracking. If you’d like me to take a look at it you can email to:
martinb[at]imagineersystems(dot ) com.