Activating a license via commandline app bfx-license-tool

Hey all,

I am able to activate my Mocha Node locked license via the GUI from within Mocha, however when I try the same thing from the command line, it says it’s for a different host product.

On the command line I am using the following:

/opt/isl/MochaPro2020.5/bin/bfx-license-tool/bfx-license-tool --activate XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

And it says:

ERROR: Activation failed: This license is for a different host product. Can not install it here.

Is this a mistake on my end? Am I using this wrong? I think that should be correct according to the help message on the tool.

@martinb, going to ping you on here!

Thanks

Edit
Using Centos7 Linux MochaPro2020.5

Hi! Please contact support for licensing questions and support, you can find the contact form here: Boris FX | Open a Case

Or for more help, you can also check out our FAQ Section or call us at 1-888-77-BORIS.

Hey, I have this exact same problem… Any ideas…?

Please contact support at the link above and they will sort you out. :slight_smile:

Ok, sorted now.

Should I reply to this thread with the answer, in case anyone else stumbles on this thread like I did? Or would you prefer to keep this solution secret? (I only ask because strangely the solution doesn’t appear in the help dialog of the script - it’s a hidden option…)

As you want ! As long as I have the answer ! ^^
Thank you very much buddy

You need to use this flag: --feature mpp-multihost

So like this: /usr/OFX/Plugins/BorisFX/MochaPro2021/Resources/mochaui/bin/bfx-license-tool/bfx-license-tool --feature mpp-multihost --activate <your-license-code-goes-here>

We are always happy to have folks let us know how they solved their issue. Thank you.