Adjust Track Problems

I’m having a frustrating time understanding the adjust track.

I go to the last good frame and select “select master all” I then drag my boxes to to good high contrast points on the screen, when I scroll through the clip, the boxes are not locked to the high contrast points. And if i drag the boxes back to the point at any given frame it drags the corner of the surface point far away from where it should be.

Sorry about the delay in getting back. The next point release of Mocha will be released on Monday 22nd of October 2007. The next point release of Motor will also be released on this date

—Quote (Originally by Sausagehead)—
I’m having a frustrating time understanding the adjust track.

I go to the last good frame and select “select master all” I then drag my boxes to to good high contrast points on the screen, when I scroll through the clip, the boxes are not locked to the high contrast points. And if i drag the boxes back to the point at any given frame it drags the corner of the surface point far away from where it should be.
—End Quote—

This sounds like an issue with adjust track; that has been solved in development. The issue that you are getting is that the surface effectively ‘snaps’ and does not move intuitively with the movement. This is caused by a global keyframe created over all four points (set master) and then individually keyframing a reference point. You may have more sucess if you avoid setting master to all points initially.

1. Navigate to the frame you consider to be the master and set the surface area
  2. Select adjust track, this will automatically create a key on the frame you are on. And then individually set the postion of the points and step through your sequence adjusting when necessary.

Would you be able to send a project file of this issue to support@imagineersystems.com so that we can ensure the issue is compltely resolved.

Thank you for your query

The release will be out very soon. Possibly next week. I will confirm with the product manager and update this schedule

—Quote (Originally by jimmybee500)—
Great stuff…thanks.

what’s fixed/added in the update?
—End Quote—

The update for the next Mocha has been delayed to the end of the week to allow for an extended development time that has taken place.

The next release really addresses the core issues in the adjust track and is aimed at perfecting the accuracy of the adjust track, as well as major bugs: which include the surface area (snapping – loosing shape randomly – during intricate tracks). There have been several other fixes to loading up projects (speed issue).

There are also two new features:

1. Mocha now has saftey zones to help train users in using adjust track (this is a concept borrowed from mocha-AE.)
  2. Rotation and scale tracking options have been split to allow an extra level of refinement when tracking rather than having to always apply a scaling althorithim when compensating for rotation.

When you say it has been fixed in development, does that means there is a .point version coming out in the near future? If so do you know when?

I’ve found a few glitches/annoyances in the app since buying v1 and would love to have them fixed. Don’t get me wrong though, the software is incredible…just quite buggy for a general relase.

Thanks.

Any news on this point release yet Ijazn?

Great stuff…thanks.

what’s fixed/added in the update?