Adjusting X-splines / Exporting adjusted Tracking Data to AE?

the footage i am tracking is old film digitalized. 29,97 frames.
it tracks pretty well but from time to time there are white flashes and the splines lose their target.
i am tracking the target with x-splines and everytimethe target is lost i go in, move the splines back to the target with the pick tool and restart tracking.

exporting the tracking data to ae, i found out that my alterations were not, imported correctly.
it looked like the very first time i tracked the footage.

i found out that the reference points, found under adjust track, define the exported data, and that alterations made on the x spline had no effect on the reference points…

i tiried using auto key and überkey (whats that?) but i was just not able to correct the motion in the reference points.

the x spline moves very accurateley in mocha.
i would very much like to export the motion of the x spline.
but how?
i’m pretty sure this is possible, and that i am doing something wrong in the workflow, but i just dont know what.
please help me!

My post here may help explain a bit:
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showpost.php?p=2795&postcount=2

Are you trying specifically export the tracking data or the shape data?

My post here may help explain a bit:
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showpost.php?p=2795&postcount=2
Are you trying specifically export the tracking data or the shape data?

Manual tracking is only used to help move the surface, not the spline. The spline is irrelevant to your final tracking information, it only provides the areas to search for the tracking.

When you click on any layer and export tracking, you are exporting the motion of the surface object not the spline. If you export shapes (which is not available in version 1 of mocha AE) you are exporting the spline information.

To see this clearer, you may want to turn on your surface and grid while tracking. A good example of how the spline is different to the surface is in this tutorial:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mocha_unlink_tutorial.mov

You will want to update to 1.2.3. This should be available from the adobe updater if you are using the version that comes with CS4.

If there are massive differences between your track and your export, you may also want to check the “Common Problems” list int he FAQ:
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?t=856

Manual tracking is only used to help move the surface, not the spline. The spline is irrelevant to your final tracking information, it only provides the areas to search for the tracking.
When you click on any layer and export tracking, you are exporting the motion of the surface object not the spline. If you export shapes (which is not available in version 1 of mocha AE) you are exporting the spline information.
To see this clearer, you may want to turn on your surface and grid while tracking. A good example of how the spline is different to the surface is in this tutorial:
http://www.imagineersystems.com/products/mocha/mocha_unlink_tutorial.mov
You will want to update to 1.2.3. This should be available from the adobe updater if you are using the version that comes with CS4.
If there are massive differences between your track and your export, you may also want to check the “Common Problems” list int he FAQ:
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showthread.php?t=856

the footage i am tracking is old film digitalized. 29,97 frames.
it tracks pretty well but from time to time there are white flashes and the splines lose their target.
i am tracking the target with x-splines and everytimethe target is lost i go in, move the splines back to the target with the pick tool and restart tracking.
exporting the tracking data to ae, i found out that my alterations were not, imported correctly.
it looked like the very first time i tracked the footage.
i found out that the reference points, found under adjust track, define the exported data, and that alterations made on the x spline had no effect on the reference points…
i tiried using auto key and ?berkey (whats that?) but i was just not able to correct the motion in the reference points.
the x spline moves very accurateley in mocha.
i would very much like to export the motion of the x spline.
but how?
i’m pretty sure this is possible, and that i am doing something wrong in the workflow, but i just dont know what.
please help me!

Thanks For your fast repy martin!

i am trying to export the only the transformation data which i am copying out of the export tracking data window. Transformation is all i am tracking. in ae i use only the position.

i read your post and did another try using a mix of the small, large and manual motion options. which i really overlooked before reading your post.
anyway i had the same problem.

i made a test which is showing my problem:
In a new layer I moved a spline over time only by moving the splinepoints around. manual tracking was activated all the time. translation was the only tracked motion.
the motion was not transmitted to the reference points. they were standing still all the time. So did the null object in ae after exporting the transformation data.
it feels like i have to write

i am using mocha for ae V1.2.2 Soho edition … is that relevant for my problem?

Thanks For your fast repy martin!
i am trying to export the only the transformation data which i am copying out of the export tracking data window. Transformation is all i am tracking. in ae i use only the position.
i read your post and did another try using a mix of the small, large and manual motion options. which i really overlooked before reading your post.
anyway i had the same problem.
i made a test which is showing my problem:
In a new layer I moved a spline over time only by moving the splinepoints around. manual tracking was activated all the time. translation was the only tracked motion.
the motion was not transmitted to the reference points. they were standing still all the time. So did the null object in ae after exporting the transformation data.
it feels like i have to write
i am using mocha for ae V1.2.2 Soho edition … is that relevant for my problem?

ok, i though i understood it now and made another test.

now i first moved the spline manually having manual tracking checked.
then i checked the large motion option and tracked again using the “track forward” button.
… same problem as before.

ok, i though i understood it now and made another test.
now i first moved the spline manually having manual tracking checked.
then i checked the large motion option and tracked again using the “track forward” button.
… same problem as before.