AE Mask Feather Tool problem with Shape Data

If I Export Shape Data from Mocha Pro to AE, it converts the spline shapes to the native AE equivalent masks. I can use the feather on the AE masks but if I use the Mask Feather Tool it only affects that particular frame since keyframes are brought in for each frame for the masks, so you would have to keyframe each frame. Is this just a limitation? It seems the workaround is to open the Mocha project in the Mocha AE plugin and then use the plugin’s Pick Edge / Pick Inner tools instead. This way you don’t have to deal with all the keyframes that are brought.
I also find the Edge Width feathering you create within Mocha Pro does not get translated when you export the Shape Data to AE. It is ignored.

Hey Greg,

Unfortunately there isn’t a 1-to-1 option support yet for feathering in AE Masks from the Mocha inner/outer data so you will need to use universal feathering on the shape data.

Alternatively, you can use the “Apply Matte” or “View Matte” option to show a rendered mask. this will have the correct per-point feathering, and you can augment it further with the feather tool in the matte options.