After Effects Crash

Hi,

Mocha AE crashes my After Effects each time I try to save a tracking or if I click cancel on Confirm Proxy Tracking pop up window.

Right now I’m on AE version 18.4.1 but I rolled back several versions to no success. My system is WIndows 10 Pro, AMD 3700x, RX 5700 XT Video Card and 64 GB ram.

I started having this problem a few days ago. I’m about to lose my mind here so I hope somebody out there knows what’s going on. I also asked this on Adobe forums but I got zero replies.

Hi there,

Go to your Preferences inside of Mocha and under the GPU tab, turn GPU tracking off. Then save and close Mocha, save your AE project, restart AE, and reopen your project. I think this is related to your GPU settings.

Can you try that and let me know if it fixes the issue for you?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi,
I found out what the culprit was. It seems like “Enable Auto keyframe” in AE was causing this issue. I turned it off and the problem went away. I’m not sure if this is an AE bug or Mocha but, you might want to check it out to see if that happens on your end. I appreciate the fast response. Thank you so much.

Thank you, that’s good to know, and I will let @martinb know so we can work with Adobe about it.

1 Like