After Effects Tracking Import

Not working for me. I copy but there is no paste available in AE, paste in Edit is inactive. I even tried dragging the file to the layer. Nada.
Also, the link to the tutorial doesn’t work.

how to use this option in after effects cs3

Thank you that worked great!!!

David

:confused:
How do you get the text file data into After Effects?

Thank you in advance,
David

—Quote (Originally by hollywoodcolor)—
:confused:
How do you get the text file data into After Effects?

Thank you in advance,
David
—End Quote—

Open the Txt file, Copy and Paste onto layer in AE Comp.
We have some tutorials going live on Wed but you can have a look at the AE tut at - ftp://demo:demomoxx@ftp.imagineersystems.com/Mocha/Mocha_screen_exports_AE.mp4

roofing contractors birmingham alabama (http://www.maximusmetalroofing.com)
?Your home is one of your biggest investments and your roof protects that investment. Trust Maximus for The Finest Quality Materials in Metal Roofing Systems today. A Maximus Metal Roofing System, Provides you with the Finest Protection for your home with Our Leading Metal Roofing Manufacturers, Gerard, Central States Mfg. and Metal Works. Their Roofing Materials provide maximum Protection from Hurricane, Tornado, Straight Line Winds, Hail, and Fire.

—Quote (Originally by mindsclay)—
Not working for me. I copy but there is no paste available in AE, paste in Edit is inactive. I even tried dragging the file to the layer. Nada.
Also, the link to the tutorial doesn’t work.
—End Quote—
This thread is from 2007 which is why it probably no longer is valid.
Generally is paste is not working you need to restart AE. The clipboard can be weird.
Alternatively use Mathias M?hl’s mocha import script:

It looks like for Mocha (on a Mac at least) the copy to clipboard function does not work. Once I saved the tracking data text file and copied from that, I could then paste the data to an AE layer (both v7 and CS3).

—Quote (Originally by pointoforigin)—
It looks like for Mocha (on a Mac at least) the copy to clipboard function does not work. Once I saved the tracking data text file and copied from that, I could then paste the data to an AE layer (both v7 and CS3).
—End Quote—

Copy to Clipboard then paste in Txt Editor, then Copy from Txt Editor to AE.

Though personally I save the Txt files to keep the tracking data in case something goes wrong in my AE project.

—Quote (Originally by bsr)—
how to use this option in after effects cs3
—End Quote—

I would second that, because apparently in CS3 you cant paste all the data from the clipboard…???

Hello All,

Anyone out there successfully import Mocha tracking data into After Effects? I’m looking all over but can’t see any references to importing keyframe data (except for Maya Camera data and RLA/RPF camera data).

I’ve done a successful AE Text export from Mocha and can see the data but am sitting here unable to use it in AE.

Thanks,
Steven M. Blasini
Visual Effects Supervisor
BFX Imageworks

…found out it’s a simple “copy to clipboard” then paste into the layer you want.

After successfully importing ‘translation’ tracking data from Mocha into AE by pasting from the clipboard, I found that the ANCHOR tracking export is unnecessary. It apparently negates the POSITION tracking data. So once you paste it, delete all the ANCHOR keyframes, reposition ANCHOR to your requirements, and the track is spot on.

Hope this helps others with Mocha and AE.