Align Surface issue

I am working in Mocha Pro 3.1.0 and I am having an issue with the Align Surface function apparently screwing up my ability to export reliable tracking data to After Effects. Here’s the scenario:
I have tracked the subject’s forehead and then linked a second layer to the track. This layer contains an insert of a bruise. If I output tracking data from the bruise layer without aligning the surface, the export and the data works (but of course the insert is the wrong size in the frame). If I align the surface and then export, I get an error message that reads:
“Errors occurred during the export. Some data may be missing or invalid.”
I have attached the tracking data export - you can see that it just gives up between frames 10 and 70.
Not sure what I am doing wrong - any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

I am working in Mocha Pro 3.1.0 and I am having an issue with the Align Surface function apparently screwing up my ability to export reliable tracking data to After Effects. Here’s the scenario:

I have tracked the subject’s forehead and then linked a second layer to the track. This layer contains an insert of a bruise. If I output tracking data from the bruise layer without aligning the surface, the export and the data works (but of course the insert is the wrong size in the frame). If I align the surface and then export, I get an error message that reads:

“Errors occurred during the export. Some data may be missing or invalid.”

I have attached the tracking data export - you can see that it just gives up between frames 10 and 70.

Not sure what I am doing wrong - any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

OK, it seems that MP was being cranky - I tried the same action a few more times to no avail, re-started the program and now it’s all working fine.

Thanks for the reminder on how to change the insert in After Effects without aligning the surface!

OK, it seems that MP was being cranky - I tried the same action a few more times to no avail, re-started the program and now it’s all working fine.
Thanks for the reminder on how to change the insert in After Effects without aligning the surface!

It is possible that aligning the surface is creating an unstable set of tracking data by the larger size of the surface scaling up the overall movement.

You could get around this by not Aligning the surface and instead changing the insert in After Effects:

However if you are doing a full-frame composite and need to align the surface anyway, I might need to see your project.

It is possible that aligning the surface is creating an unstable set of tracking data by the larger size of the surface scaling up the overall movement.
You could get around this by not Aligning the surface and instead changing the insert in After Effects:

However if you are doing a full-frame composite and need to align the surface anyway, I might need to see your project.