Alpha at export?

—Quote (Originally by jayreef)—
Hi

I am on a mac,

trying a trail version of Motor to see if it will do what i require it to do, and new to Rotoscoping

I am working in Final Cut Pro with the exported mov from Motor

here is the question:

I do all the stuff like the tutorial in Motor, render the final mattes (not the tracking Mattes), but the alpha button on the export wizard is always greyed out.

I have been all through Motor, and am wondering where the activate / create / assign alpha “layer/channel” is.

when I place the output movie on a track over the original footage in final Cut, no matter how much playing around, the alpha does not want to play ball.

like I said I am new to this angle of working, and am trying to complete something for a college project. (i can live with the logo all over the final piece) its an evaluation trail

:EDIT:

I think I have sorted it out now, not the “greyed out alpha issue”, but the compositing issue

The solution was to re-order the tracks in FCP

workflow:

V1 - backdrop

V2 - Output from Motor .mov file with no RGB data (ignore the codec issues from the trail version for this situation)

V3 - original file

On track V3 go to MODIFY>COMPOSITE MODE>TRAVEL MATTE LUMA

(it sounds so easy now, but with no info readily available anywhere, has taken hours to find the right solution)
—End Quote—

Seems a combination of an FCP workflow understanding as well as being confused by the Alpha output in Motor.

In short from Motor’s perspective if you did want to output RGBA, you need to select RGB and the appropriate Mattes then an appropriate codec / sequential format set to Millions+.

The Alpha option in the Render Wizard refers to the Alpha of the footage that was used for input in Motor i.e. if Alpha was present.

Hi

I am on a mac,

trying a trail version of Motor to see if it will do what i require it to do, and new to Rotoscoping

I am working in Final Cut Pro with the exported mov from Motor

here is the question:

I do all the stuff like the tutorial in Motor, render the final mattes (not the tracking Mattes), but the alpha button on the export wizard is always greyed out.

I have been all through Motor, and am wondering where the activate / create / assign alpha “layer/channel” is.

when I place the output movie on a track over the original footage in final Cut, no matter how much playing around, the alpha does not want to play ball.

like I said I am new to this angle of working, and am trying to complete something for a college project. (i can live with the logo all over the final piece) its an evaluation trail