Animating Pinned Text

Hi! I’m using Mocha Pro v3. This question has bothered me a lot. See, I need to animate a text, like it’s floating in the sky. I’ve decided to apply corner pin data to it, because it gives better results then transform data. But here I face the problem of animating text’s movement, because if I change any motion parameter of this text it will no longer be attached to the sky. There’s a way to animate the text inside of its precomp but it is inconvenient because I want to see my original footage in the background as a reference and in addition I get double motion blur. I also tried RG Warp with its translate X&Y parameters through mochaimport+, but this way I can’t edit text’s motion path wich I need for shure. It would be great if I could animate pinned text as easy as a text parented to a null. How would you advise me to animate pinned text? Thanks!

Hi X-RUST,

Did you ask a similar question on the toolfarm forum? I answered over there:

Hi X-RUST,

In general you’ll have to come up with something within AE such as pre-comping or parenting to null.
You may want to look into the 3D Solver in v3 which will use camera export instead of corner pin. This would allow you to do more on the text layer and not be limited to the AE corner pin.
Hope that helps.
-R

In general you’ll have to come up with something within AE such as pre-comping or parenting to null.

You may want to look into the 3D Solver in v3 which will use camera export instead of corner pin. This would allow you to do more on the text layer and not be limited to the AE corner pin.

Hope that helps.
-R

Hi! I’m using Mocha Pro v3. This question has bothered me a lot. See, I need to animate a text, like it’s floating in the sky. I’ve decided to apply corner pin data to it, because it gives better results then transform data. But here I face the problem of animating text’s movement, because if I change any motion parameter of this text it will no longer be attached to the sky. There’s a way to animate the text inside of its precomp but it is inconvenient because I want to see my original footage in the background as a reference and in addition I get double motion blur. I also tried RG Warp with its translate X&Y parameters through mochaimport+, but this way I can’t edit text’s motion path wich I need for shure. It would be great if I could animate pinned text as easy as a text parented to a null. How would you advise me to animate pinned text? Thanks!

Martin’s helped me, you can close this topic :cool:

—Quote (Originally by ross_shain)—
Hope that helps.
-R
—End Quote—
Thanks for reply ross! But in my case I can’t get a 3d camera solve. I came up with an idea to somehow parent the precomped text to the null which is outside text’s comp, so by moving this null I will move original precomped text. But I don’t know how to do it :rolleyes: What do you think?

—Quote (Originally by ross_shain)—

Hope that helps.
-R
—End Quote—
Thanks for reply ross! But in my case I can’t get a 3d camera solve. I came up with an idea to somehow parent the precomped text to the null which is outside text’s comp, so by moving this null I will move original precomped text. But I don’t know how to do it :rolleyes: What do you think?

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi X-RUST,

—End Quote—
Yes, it’s me)

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi X-RUST,

—End Quote—
Yes, it’s me)

Martin’s helped me, you can close this topic :cool: