Another Issue with Premiere 2015.3

OK so another issue with Premiere. After working for 10-15 minutes, I will get the error message saying the host is not set to full resolution. You can get past this warning, but Mocha 5 doesn’t like it. Usually I’ll get a gray screen instead of my footage. Eventually it will crash, but if I just save my work and restart Premeire, everything works perfectly again. In the screen shot below, notice the 100% quality setting. Is there a different quality setting I’m not aware of?

Forgot to mention I’m running on Mac OS 10.11.3 El Capitan.

mocha Pro 5 the plugin reads off the timeline, so if you are viewing proxy images your track won’t be as good anyway. Switch to full rez and then launch mocha.

1 Like

That’s my point. I am at FULL resolution. See the word “FULL” in the bottom right of my image? Is there another place that Mocha looks for? Like I said, it will work perfectly for 15 min. and THEN give me that warning, when I hadn’t changed any setting at all.

Oh! OK, that sounds like a bug then. I will try to repeat it and let the dev team know!

Hi Alex,

A few questions:

1. How long is your footage and what resolution is it?
  2. Are you working with 5.0.2 or an earlier version of the mocha Pro Adobe Plugin?
  3. Are you using an adjustment layer or applying directly to a clip (there is a defect for using adjustment layers in premiere)
  4. Can you send us your mocha log? It's available inside the mocha GUI under the help menu

This issue was happening in in a Premiere (latest build) sequence that contained 21 clips of various lengths edited down a little over 3 min. The Mocha plugin is at 5.01. I see there was an update, so I’m curious if this issue has been resolved with the 5.02 update. I’ll let you know.

A typical clip has the following specs:

.MXF
XDCAM HD422 1080p24 (50 Mb/s CBR), 1920 × 1080, Millions
16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Mono, 48.000 kHz
16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Mono, 48.000 kHz