Arial shot overlay

im tracking an arial shot which starts fairly close to the ground and then pulls back revealing distant landscape.
i have tracked the shot and exported the corner pin data to AE.

my problem is that in AE i need to take a map which is to overlayed on the ground plane of the shot and apply the track to it.
i thought the best way would be to make the map a 3d layer in AE and line it up with the perspective of the shot on one frame then apply corner pin track but i cant get this to work.

any ideas ???

basically how do i attach corner pin track to an image and then still be able to scale that image layer so the track still works … with out the RG corner pin plugin ?

thanks

im tracking an arial shot which starts fairly close to the ground and then pulls back revealing distant landscape.
i have tracked the shot and exported the corner pin data to AE.
my problem is that in AE i need to take a map which is to overlayed on the ground plane of the shot and apply the track to it.
i thought the best way would be to make the map a 3d layer in AE and line it up with the perspective of the shot on one frame then apply corner pin track but i cant get this to work.
any ideas ???
basically how do i attach corner pin track to an image and then still be able to scale that image layer so the track still works … with out the RG corner pin plugin ?
thanks

Hi jono,

The best way to apply the corner pin to this type of aerial shot would be to precomp the layer.

Say for example your map is going to be shown fully at the end of the shot. You can set a manual corner pin or 3d position at the end frame, then precomp your layer moving all attributes into the layer

In mocha, you can then go to the same end frame and use the Align Surface button to make the corner pin information relative to the dimensions of the footage at that frame.

Hi jono,
The best way to apply the corner pin to this type of aerial shot would be to precomp the layer.
Say for example your map is going to be shown fully at the end of the shot. You can set a manual corner pin or 3d position at the end frame, then precomp your layer moving all attributes into the layer
In mocha, you can then go to the same end frame and use the Align Surface button to make the corner pin information relative to the dimensions of the footage at that frame.