Artefacts in remove module

Hi,
I’m clean up some footage in the remove module with “use clean plates exclusively” but getting artefacts outside the area I’m replacing. (see attached image). Any advice appreciated.
gerry

OK thanks, I’ll try and get that for you when I’m back in the suite.

OK thanks, I’ll try and get that for you when I’m back in the suite.

thanks, I think I tried both methods but it remained. Odd that it should be outside the selected area.

thanks, I think I tried both methods but it remained. Odd that it should be outside the selected area.

Hi Mary,
Thanks for getting back. I didn’t post the whole frame due to copyright/privacy issues, but I’m pretty sure all the cogs and layers were correct. I’ve encountered the same issue previously (artefacts outside the spline area in the remove module) and have worded round by starting a new output clip.
many thanks
gerry

Hi Mary,
Thanks for getting back. I didn’t post the whole frame due to copyright/privacy issues, but I’m pretty sure all the cogs and layers were correct. I’ve encountered the same issue previously (artefacts outside the spline area in the remove module) and have worded round by starting a new output clip.
many thanks
gerry

Do you have gears turned on on other layers? What is your layer order? In the future, if you are going to send us a screenshot, please send us the entire screenshot and let us see your layer outlines and layer order. :slight_smile:

Do you have gears turned on on other layers? What is your layer order? In the future, if you are going to send us a screenshot, please send us the entire screenshot and let us see your layer outlines and layer order. :slight_smile:

If you’re worried about privacy you can email it to me privately. I can’t diagnose your issue without seeing your screen.
:slight_smile:

If you’re worried about privacy you can email it to me privately. I can’t diagnose your issue without seeing your screen.

:slight_smile:

I don’t know if this is the same as your problem, but I have seen artifacts like this when I select Blend for the Dissolve method. However, the artifacts disappear when I select Randomize.

Peter