Artifacts on detailed roto shapes

Hi all. I’m having an issue where, using bezier splines, when I draw shapes that involve a lot of vertices and curves in a small area, my mocha shape mask in After Effects displays with a lot of tiny artifacts or “jaggies” in that area. These one-pixel artifacts come and go during my animation, so they’re particularly noticeable.
I do need the extra detail, so I’d rather not simplify my roto. Has anyone noticed this problem, and if so, is there some way to avoid it?

Hi all. I’m having an issue where, using bezier splines, when I draw shapes that involve a lot of vertices and curves in a small area, my mocha shape mask in After Effects displays with a lot of tiny artifacts or “jaggies” in that area. These one-pixel artifacts come and go during my animation, so they’re particularly noticeable.

I do need the extra detail, so I’d rather not simplify my roto. Has anyone noticed this problem, and if so, is there some way to avoid it?

I think I need some more details to solve your issue.

Do you think you can provide us with some screen shots so we can see exactly what you mean?

What version of mocha AE are you using? What version of After Effects are you using?

Cheers,
Mary

I think I need some more details to solve your issue.
Do you think you can provide us with some screen shots so we can see exactly what you mean?
What version of mocha AE are you using? What version of After Effects are you using?
Cheers,
Mary