Avchd workflow

I have a m2ts clip that I would like to replace a sign with another sign in the video.This obviously will not open in Mocha.Do I make a duplicate copy of this m2ts file in a format that Mocha can recognise and use that?.Would this not create two different file formats in my sequence?
Maybe a very simplified step by step would help me with this.

I have a m2ts clip that I would like to replace a sign with another sign in the video.This obviously will not open in Mocha.Do I make a duplicate copy of this m2ts file in a format that Mocha can recognise and use that?.Would this not create two different file formats in my sequence?
Maybe a very simplified step by step would help me with this.

Can I then just apply the tracking data to my original (m2ts) clip in after effects following your last reply?

Can I then just apply the tracking data to my original (m2ts) clip in after effects following your last reply?

If after effects or whatever you are using to composite reads it and mocha exports to it, then yes. :slight_smile:

Hi there,
Yes, you will need to convert the clip, but that shouldn’t affect your tracking data. Just convert it to a series of tiffs or a .mov file with the same frame rate, aspect ratio, and frame size and you’ll be fine. Load that into mocha.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Yes, you will need to convert the clip, but that shouldn’t affect your tracking data. Just convert it to a series of tiffs or a .mov file with the same frame rate, aspect ratio, and frame size and you’ll be fine. Load that into mocha.

Cheers,
Mary

If after effects or whatever you are using to composite reads it and mocha exports to it, then yes. :slight_smile: