Background plates

It would be great if you could preview the composite in motor.
I think the following would be a good way to do it, but your comments would be appreciated:

Under the view controls, add a Clip selection drop down box that allows you to select the background plate. This should have the default entries ‘None’ and ‘Import…’, with Import causing a standard Import Clip Wizard dialog. If a Background plate is specified, you would then have to click on Matte such that the mattes are applied and the background plate becomes visible.

Is there any need for being able to position (x,y) and scale the background plate?

—Quote (Originally by allanjaenicke)—
Is there any need for being able to position (x,y) and scale the background plate?
—End Quote—

These controls would makes sense to me.

Thinking about it though, X/Y, Scale and Rotation would make sense for the Foreground and Backgroung elements if you are to truely use Motor to comp onto a BG plate.

What would the implication be if the BG plate is different in size to the current project? Would one be able to output the full BG image?

—Quote (Originally by allanjaenicke)—
—End Quote—

I’d say yes, and no :wink:
For my current work flow the need to “tweak” a bg plate is not required. But I’m sure someone will!