I am trying to boost the highlights of a specific area of my clip, so I added a Roto node, then connected the OUTPUT to the INPUT of a Shadows/Highlights node. I would like to comp this back on top of the original clip.
Could you please let me know which Comp node I should be using to obtain the proper highlight boost on that roto area without effecting the rest of the clip and also, which OUT should I be using on the ROTO node? I’m using the Output of the Roto, but I also see that there is Color Composite and Composite, so I’m no sure if Output is the correct one I should use for my case.
Thanks in advance!!
There are a number of ways of doing this.
Option 1 - zMatte
- Use the Key > zMatte node
- In zMatte, set Extract On to Luminance and use the Position and Range parameters to set your highlight Matte.
- Use the Color Correction tab in zMatte.
- The Develop adjustments will only occur in the areas of the matte created by zMatte, and you can comp it over a background.
Option 2 - zMatte with Color Correct or Develop
- Connect a zMatte node to the Obey Matte input of a Develop node.
- In zMatte, set Extract On to Luminance and use the Position and Range parameters to set your Matte.
- Click the Color Correct or Develop > Obey Matte tab and enable Obey.
- Click the Color Correct or Develop > Parameters tab and adjust the Brightness or Recovery down. The Develop adjustments will only occur in the areas of the matte created by zMatte.
- Use the Roto node node cut out the areas with a shape to comp over a different background