BCC 12.0.2.4069 Scanline noise render at max bit depth bug [Premire 13.0.3, Windows 10]

BCC Scaline effect + noise & Roll RGB keying, Stacked with BCC Prism, on an image, max bitdepth, File export result:

Export Result without Max Bit depth & directly in timeline (max bitdepth disabled):

What version of Continuum?

Version is 2019 AE 12.0.2.4069 2019-2-27

We were not able to reproduce in our QA lab. Can you please send a project file and details on what export settings you used in hopes that it will help us reproduce. Feel free to send the project file off-list to me directly: jclement at borisfx dot com

1 Like

check your email jc, thanks!

you may also wish to try with gpu disabled, that is my current setting. export settings same as project, max render, with max depth; i was using cbr.

We are reproducing your issue now and will dig into the details. In the meantime you might be able to workaround the ringing by adding BCC Premult after Scanlines.

1 Like

Awesome. I am so grateful we’ve been able to nip another one in the bud. Hopefully this will help a whole lot of users everywhere, esp if this is cross platform. Thank you jclement. I will test out your suggetion and see how it works; in the meantime I have pre-composed some stuff in cineform without max bitdepth and it seems to be working fine.

I confirm BCC Premult with default color after Scanlines worked perfectly with max bitdepth! Thank you for the suggestion!

Glad to hear it. Thanks for all your help in reproducing this one!

1 Like