BCC 3D Image Shatter: explode outwards or split into 2?

I have been playing with 3D Image shatter and the extruded image shatter. I have tried all the presets, but nothing gives me the effect I want, a Big Bang like effect, if you will. I want the scene to explode from a center point in all directions, no falling back down. I tried turning off gravity with 0, but it still seems to fall at the end or go upwards. I tried centripital and centrifugal gravity, but no joy there. I tried centrifugal movement. I find the explanation page on your website too shallow. I found the video on your website really useless for this. And it takes, on my computer, 10 to 30 minutes to render the variations. At any rate, is there a better explanation or can you tell me how to do what I want?

Another variation I would like is a chain being pulled apart from the center.

Thank you for any help
jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I have a preset for what I think is the effect that you’re trying to develop - download the zip, unzip it to the desktop, then click on the load button in the 3D Image Shatter filter and navigate to the desktop and select the preset.

3DIS - explode outward.bsp.zip (2.1 KB)

I hope this helps!

Peter.

1 Like

Thank you.
I tweeked it and added to it a shape, a heart, which goes with the poem the speaker is performing.
The line is from Alexander Pope’s, “Essay on Man”,
" Look round our world; behold the chain of love
Combining all below and all above.
Vast chain of being! From God knows where began,
Nature’s ethereal, human, angel, man,
Beast, bird, fish, insect, what no eye can see,
No glass can reach; from Infinite to thee,
All served, all serving: nothing stands alone;
The chain holds on, and where it ends, unknown.
From Nature’s chain whichever link you strike,
Tenth or ten thousandth, breaks the chain alike.

I’ll post the segment when it is finished.
Thank you again

Hi Jimmy,

I’m so glad that I could help with that effect and wow, what a beautiful poem … thanks for sharing that.

Look forward to viewing the segment when you’ve finished working on it.

Cheers,
Peter.

I am happy with the effect as it is now (default center of velocity). However, if I could get a red border around each heart, that would be the frosting on the cake.

Advisory, when I moved the center of velocity of the shatter of the universe to near the edge, where I want it, ONLY in the preview, halfway through, the hearts changed to rectangles. In the export, all is fine.
Here is the special effects output. In the finished video, the actor will stand in front and say the lines from the poem segment, take out a dagger, and strike the heart at the edge, followed by its shattering and then cutting to the universe shattering

Hi Jimmy,

Once possible option would be for you to stack the BCC Glow Alpha Edges filter after the BCC 3D Image Shatter - that will provide you with the edge stroke on each of the shattered elements. From there you can tweak the look - set the color to red, set the width to 2, the softness to 10 and the smoothness to 0 and the Apply Mode to Over, or something along those lines.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Cheers,
Peter.

Thank you so much, Mr McAuley! I am totally happy now.
While the timing of everything will have to be tailored to the actor’s timing, the opening with no hearts shot of the universe is shown when he says, “Look round our world”;
Then the hearts overlay is shown when he says, “behold the chain of love”;
Then during the last two lines,
“From Nature’s chain whichever link you strike,
Tenth or ten thousandth, breaks the chain alike.”
First the moving focus to one heart, then that heart breaking apart, then the whole universe breaking apart.
When the actor has recorded the scene, I will come back and post that segment.

Hi Jimmy,

I’m really glad to hear that we were able to help you create this result - I think it looks wonderful. Nice job!

Cheers,
Peter.

Thank you, Mr. McAuley.
It has actually gotten better and more parts.
When that segment is finished, next week, maybe
I will post that
warm regards
thanks for your help
jimmy