BCC and Grass Valley EDIUS

By using a third party plug-in, I am able to establish an OFX bridge between Boris continuum and EDIUS .
I am mainly interested in using BCC Title Studio. Unfortunately, the third party “Bridge” and BCC are not working together without limitations and problems.
Personally, I would like to see Boris FX develop a version of BCC that will plug-in directly to EDIUS.
However, I realise it would not be commercially viable for Boris FX to assign resources to create the plug-in if there is only one person who will be using it - namely myself!

My question to this forum is: Am I the only person using EDIUS who would like to see a version of BCC developed as a plug-in to EDIUS?
If I am not alone, please add your reply to this thread.
Regards
Douglas

You should ask Edius developers to improve OFX api support. And then all OFX will support Edius perfectlly.

Vegas Pro user here. While a lot of Continuum does work well in Vegas, there are some limitations. But that’s because of Vegas and not Continuum.
I am very happy with Continuum 2020.5 with Vegas Pro, Hitfilm Pro 15, and to a limited extent, Magix Video Pro X.

I am well aware of the situation with Vegas.
However, I am talking about EDIUS. I know that both use OFX effects.
Please keep to the subject of my thread - EDIUS.
Thank you
Regards
Douglas

Just out of couriousity, have you done any VEGAS Effects work usinf Boris FX products? Continuum.
Another Vegas Pro user asks.

Yet another person who cannot read my thread title.
I am asking about EDIUS not VEGAS!
There is another word that comes to mind, “HIJACK” :grimacing:
Douglas

Dang… so hostile.
That smiley face means nothing.
Yes, your post is about Edius and Boris working with it. My reply was to mention (not hijack) that along with Edius there are other editing software that do not get the “full” treament from Boris.

So it seems right now for the moment you are the only person using Edius wanting Boris connectivity.
I hope there are others for your sake and peace of mind…

@arpierre @vidguy069 @SummaryActivityNot
He didn’t ask for a general solution to the problem of Boris not directly supporting EDIUS nor did he ask for alternatives to using EDIUS. He may well not have any choice about what editor he uses.

@douglas you might try tagging some of the Boris people specifically, you’ll see them replying to some other posts. Though keep in mind there are at least two beta releases going right now so they might be swamped at the moment.

Thank you Michael.
The reason why I was niggled by the replies I had so far was that none of them were trying to answer my specific question:
“My question to this forum is: Am I the only person using EDIUS who would like to see a version of BCC developed as a plug-in to EDIUS?
If I am not alone, please add your reply to this thread.”
In fact I have good contact with Boris people, as well as Grass Valley people. I have a good idea of the technical problems that exist for them.
I want to know if there is any support from people using EDIUS to motivate Boris and Grass Valley to invest time and money in finding a solution.
At the moment it certainly look bleak!
Regards
Douglas