BCC Effects not working FCP (M1 Max Monterey 12.1)

I just upgraded my BCC effects license so I can work with FCP on a new M1 Max Macbook pro (Monterey 12.1) (FCP 10.6.1).

All effects come up with a triangle and exclamation point. I followed steps from support on website as far as resetting permissions, etc, but still no luck. Wondering if there was a way to get this to work.

Thanks,
Eric

Hi Eric,

Assuming that you are using the most recent installers downloaded directly from our website, the Continuum FxPlug filters should operate and run under Rosetta on your M1 without any errors. I’d suggest filing a ticket with support to see if they can guide you through the process of getting the filters to run on your system. You can do that via this link : Boris FX | Open a Case

Thanks,
Peter.

Thanks Peter,

I did file a support ticket on Monday, but never heard back from anyone. Not sure how long turn-around time usually is, but as of now I’m a little frustrated as I’m stuck with non-working filters.

Eric

What version of BCC do you have installed? Is it Continuum 2021.5? Only the BCC+ filters in 2021.5 will work on native M1 Fxplug hosts. The previous Continuum 2020.5 release which contains the older BCC filters is not supported on M1 FxPlug hosts but does work on Intel hardware.

-Jason

Hey Jason,

Thanks for checking in. I did download and install the 2021.5 (version 14.5.2). Files seem to be where they’re supposed to be, but still getting the exclamation point in Final Cut when I try to use filters.

Thanks.
Eric

Hi, Eric,

Does this happen with newly applied filters or just when opening older projects? Can you please include a screenshot of the error?

-Jason