BCC Light and Particle Crashing

Hi there,I have been using Continuum in After Effects for a while with no issues, but recently with BCC Particles and BCC Light I have been experiencing a lot of crashes with the following alert.

. I have tried re installing the whole package but that doesn’t seem to help. It will crash the instance I add any of the BCC Particle and Light effects onto a solid.

Im using a MacBook Pro 16 with macOS Catalina 10.15.6, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB and Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB and the processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9.

Im currently running Continuum 13.0.2 with After effects 2020 version 17.1.2

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Hi Jason,

Which BCC Particle and BCC Light effects were you using (There are few different ones for each). I’ve tried all the particles and light effects but its not returning an error for me so it could be a conforming issue going from an older version to a newer version or it could be param specific in which case your project would be useful.

• If AE is crashing can you send us the AE crash report that your mac prints out?
  • Also can you send us your project file so we can better understand this issue? Can you send your project to my email: linh@borisfx.com

Thanks,
Linh

This might be due to you recently upgrading AE? After Effects made a change in 17.1.1 and higher which caused crashing in all OpenGL Continuum effects on MacOS Catalina. This was fixed in Continuum 13.5.1. Can you try switching to that version to see if it solves your problem?