BCC Title Studio Problems

Hello and thank you in advance for any help. My problem is when I launch the UI window of FX browser everything in that window is SUPER SMALL ( meaning the fonts and controls) I cant even ready them. Please help.

Please help. Thank you

Have you updated to the latest version of Continuum?

Hello, I just purchased Sony Vegas Pro yesterday and it came with it, so I would imagine it is the newest version. I have version 13.0.2.2

problem solved.

2020년 6월 1일 (월) 오전 5:50, Contact via Boris FX Forum noreply@forum.borisfx.com님이 작성:

The correct name is Vegas Pro. Sony has nothing to do with Vegas and hasn’t for several years.
:smiley:

You will need Continuum 13.5.0 or higher which is the first version that fully supports hi-DPI (4k) monitors on Windows.

Yes, I am old school. I have been using it for 9 years now and it will always be Sony Vegas to me lol

My version came with Vegas Pro 17, how do I get that version? Is it a free update? Thank you

The Continuum installers are up on the Boris FX website:
https://borisfx.com/downloads/?

Whether it is supported by your license will depend on the time the license was purchased. You’re generally entitled to updates that occur within one year of purchase but you might need to discuss this with the Sales team to see how that applies to bundled Vegas licenses. Try installing the latest 13.5.x version and see if you get any watermarking and whether it resolves the issue of text size for you.

I’m a brand new Continuum 2020.5 user and I’m starting my way up what I can already see will be a steep learning curve.

I have exactly the same problem with my UI - so small it is nearly impossible to read and use. The makes the learning curve that much steeper (and less desirable).

I am using the plug-in version through Davinci Resolve 16.2 Studio and see this behaviour when I ‘Launch the UI Window’. I’m on a custom-build PC and I’m using a 4K monitor.

If anyone can assist, it would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, is a massive amount of latency when typing commentary into this forum normal behaviour?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff.

Title studio isn’t that much of a learning curve once you get started. I’d suggest you go through some of the tutorials on the BorisFX site. They have some great ones for you to try out. Can you post your TS version number. I’m using BCC in Resolve/Fusion and Adobe editors and don’t have that issue and I’m using 55 year old eyes :).

As for your latency issue on the forum I’m not getting that at all or ever had. Maybe it’s a anti-virus issue or try a different browser and see if that solves your problem.

Here’s a link to the TS videos you might find helpful and you can always post on here for help if you run into it. Lot’s of very good people around to help you out.

TS videos can be found here.

Graham.

Thanks, Graham! I’ll have a look through these tutorials and see if I can start getting the hang of it!

I’m not sure what to do about the scaling issue though. It’s pretty unworkable at the moment (my eyes have got 6 years on you! :wink:). When I move the UI over to my HD monitor then everything is at ‘normal size’ (i.e., readable). It’s just an issue on my 4K monitor, which is my working monitor because it’s right in front of me. Btw, I’m on the latest version of BCC Continuum OFX - version 15.31.

Latency problem solved though…I had forgotten that Resolve was rendering noise reduction that I had applied to a pretty noisy clip. :man_facepalming:

One final thing while I’m here… Do you know where TS gets its font library from? I was looking to use OpenSans for the title I want to create and it wasn’t showing up in the drop down list. It’s installed on my PC and shows up everywhere else (including Davinci Resolve).

Once again, thanks for your response. I appreciate the generosity!

Cheers,
Jeff

Hey Jeff.

I know what you mean about the issue with unreadable screens when on a 4k monitor. I too have that issue so I adjust my monitor to a more readable resolution. I’m on a Mac so there might be a difference in how TS uses the display drivers etc. As for your font issue I’m not sure. I know when ever I install a font on my Mac I have to reboot the application for the font to show up. I don’t have that font on my Mac so will go and download it and see if it shows up in my TS. Not sure why it wouldn’t as I’m sure TS pulls it’s font’s from the main font list in the system. A Boris Engineer would better be able to answer that one. Is it possible it’s listed under a different name?

Jeff.

Further to my last post I installed Open Sans font and restarted my TS and found the font exactly where it was supposed to be. Do you have a font manager installed by any chance?

Graham.