BCC transitions doesn't respect Blend Mode - any way to fix it?

Hi,

This problem has been bothering me for some time but only recently it became such an annoyance that I decided to post here with question. I have a lot of videos I need to edit where various graphical and animated elements should be set to Blend Mode “Screen” instead of “Normal” in Premiere Pro. And when you apply a BCC transitions to these elements - transition does not respect the Blend Mode. The moment the transition starts it switches the element of transition back to “Normal” and when transition ends it switches to “Screen” again leaving a very noticeable effect. So my question is - is it possible to make BCC transition respect the Blend Mode of the elements transition is applied to or this problem is unfixable by some strange reason? Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Hi Serega,

Thank you for mentioning this - I’ll file a ticket and ask engineering if there’s anything they can do to resolve this. Depending on the Adobe API, it my or may not be something that we have control over - we won’t know until engineering can take a look into it. Meanwhile, you might be able to work past it by nesting the blended clips, although I understand that this is not the most desirable workflow.

Thanks,
Peter.

Thanks for reply, will eagerly be waiting for the engineers’ response. And nesting won’t solve the issue, unfortunately, I’ve tried, as the nesting itself does not respect the blending mode of elements inside. Ridiculous and crazy - I know - but such are facts :frowning:

Hi Serega,

Just want to ensure that you’re not missing a step as I tried to repro what you’re seeing but it’s working just fine on my Mac.

I stacked two clips in a sequence in PP, used a blend mode on the top clip, then nested the clips, trimmed the nest and butted this to another clip (trimmed, of course, to support a transition). Then I went to the Video Transitions group in the PP Effects tab, selected one of the BCC Transitions and dropped it between the butted clips. Scrubbed the timeline and the blend mode is retained over the course of the transition.

Perhaps if you can provide screenshots or a project we can take another look at this.

Thanks,
Peter.

It will be easier to just show you what I need to achieve and what I have and how it works with nested sequences :slight_smile: Please look at the video: Dropbox - 2021-08-02 20-12-39.mkv - Simplify your life (you better download the file to see in full 4K, cause the stream is just 720p)

And sorry for my accent :slight_smile:

Hey Serega,

Thanks so much for sending along the video - I’ve reviewed it a couple of times and will look into this for you tomorrow. If I can’t find a suitable workaround then it’s on to engineering for some code changes. :slight_smile: Accent is no problem at all - you came through very clearly.

Thanks,
Peter.

Cool, will be waiting for your information then, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi Serega,

Good news : I have successfully replicated your issue
Bad news : Looks like an Adobe bug as I’m also seeing the issue with the built-in transitions in Premiere Pro

All is not lost though - I’ll write this up as a feature request and see if our engineers can code around the problem. A solution would probably have to wait for the next major release though, which would be sometime later this year.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Good news still! Would really appreciate if you’ll update this topic when or if the issue will be resolved by Boris. And if this bug is also present in Premiere Pro, can you contact Adobe’s technical dept to let them know about it with the request to fix? I guess you have much better ties with Adobe’s technical team being a developer for their platform :slight_smile: