BCC UpRez not functioning in Premiere Pro

Hello. I have just purchased Continuum so I am still a newbie. I am working in Premiere. I have a video clip that was captured from Zoom. It is 640 x 360. I need to upscale it to 1920 x 1080 or at least 1280 x 720. Can someone walk me through this. Most of the controls seem grayed out and I have had a battle to properly activate the plug in. I’m on a MacBook Pro.

Hi Adrian,

Here are the steps you need to follow to achieve the upscale in Premiere Pro :

(1) create a new sequence 1920 x 1080
(2) add the 640 x 360 clip to the sequence and when prompted, do not allow Premiere to change the sequence settings to match the clip
(3) right click in the project window and select New Item > Black Video
and create a new black video at 1920 x 1080
(4) place this black video on the track above the 640 x 360 source in the timeline
(5) apply the BCC UpRez filter to the black video track
(6) in the filter control panel, in the source group, set the source to the 640 x 360 video track
(7) in the filter control panel, in the transform group, set the frame size to custom scale
(8) in the filter control panel, in the transform group, use the frame scale x parameter to scale the footage to fill the 1920 x 1080 frame
(9) note that if the footage appears stretched, you may need to change the source pixel aspect ratio setting in the in the filter control panel source group
(10) in the filter control panel, in the quality group, set the method to Magic Sharp and increase the sharpness parameter to produce the level of post sharpening that you wish to apply

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Peter.