BCC Video Warp problem

I’ve followed the tutorial for BCC Video Warp
https://borisfx.com/documentation/continuum/bcc-video-morph/
which works exactly as the tutorial explains, as long as you have Global Warp and Global Blend “checked”. But as soon as I uncheck the Global boxes to control Warp/Blend amounts of individual splines as the tutorial indicates, using the Expansion and Opacity sliders, NO blending or warping takes place any more.

Could anyone please tell me how to get the Blend and Warp amounts of individual spline pairs to work?

There is NOTHING in the tutorial on how to do this, beyond “unchecking” the Global boxes, and using the Opacity and Expansion slides. I’m still waiting to hear back from Boris Tech Support.

Thanks!!

Hello, we took a look on this on our end and it appears to work correctly on our QA systems. When you uncheck the Global and Warp Blend checkboxes, are you making adjustments to the Mask Expansion and Mask Opacity in the After Effects timeline? If you set keyframe animation for these values in the timeline, Video Morph will animate the effect based on that.

If by chance you are doing that and it’s not working, are you able to send me a screen video so I can see what steps you’re taking?

Best,
Vin

Hi Vin,

I uncheck the boxes, then set my start key frame value to 0 for both Opacity and Expansion for Mask 1 and Mask 2. I then set my end key frames to 100 for both masks, but all I see as a result is the upper/source layer play through and never warp and blend into the destination, even though I have my drop down set to Blend. As soon as I Check the Globals, the blend shows correctly.

If I want to replicate a PER SPLINE equivalent of setting the Global Blend and Warp to 0 at START FRAME and 100 at END FRAME, what values should be used for

Key Frame Start
Mask_source
Opacity: ???
Expansion: ???

Mask_destination

Key Frame End
Mask_source

Mask_destination

After further testing, It seems that the OPACITY slider does not work for PER SPLINE use, please see the attached videos.

Video 1: Shows how there is NO change when moving OPACITY slider on BCC VIdeo Morph with Globals unchecked

Video 2: Shows how key frame values correctly work on the Expansion (Warp) slider, but have NO effect on the Opacity (Blend) slider on the BCC Video Morph result using PER SPLINE (Globals unchecked), but both PER SPLINE Expansion and Opacity functions correctly work when using the Re:Vision Re:Flex plugin, which has the same type of Global/PER SPLINE functions as BCC Video Morph.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for the more detailed information. I took a look at this on our QA system and it does appear as if there is an issue with the mask opacity function. I’ve logged it in our database for an engineer to look at.

In terms of comparable Global vs per spline values, that would largely depend on the masks you created, and the look you are ultimately going for.

Thank you for looking further into it. Regarding the spline values for blend and warp, theoretically if I have 10 spline pairs I should be able to set the start values for all of them at zero and set the end values for all of them at 100 and I should end up with exactly the same result as having the global parameters checked, correct?

Hi Vincent,

Is there any update on when this problem will be corrected?

Thanks.

Hello, unfortunately I don’t have an answer at the moment, but I will touch base with our Project Manager when he returns next week.

Best,
Vincent

The issue with the Mask Opacity not working correctly in Video Morph was fixed in Continuum 2020 v13.0.1. Please check this out when you get a chance and let us know if you see any additional problems.

Cheers,
Jason