Before I Buy

Before I buy this I need to know whether it’ll do what I want on one shot I have to do immediately. Basically the shot is a Formula 1 car in the frame, with an empty grandstand which it passes. the shot is from a car in front of the main car, with the stand on the right, so a lot of perspective in it and also a wide angle lens is used. I need to populate the empty stand with a crowd.

From doing a bit with Monet in the past, I am thinking of tracking this and then inserting a patch for the crowd. Because of the deadline I want to do most if possible with Mocha for AE. But will it work with fields properly? And will it work with motion blur properly. Are there any issues working under Vista 64 bit? Also is anyone available over the next few days to help out on this if I run into problems?

I have a lot of this type of stuff coming up and really need to sort out a good solid workflow, so I’m hoping that this is the product that will do it.

Hi there,
Answers below:

But will it work with fields properly?

Yes

And will it work with motion blur properly.

Yes.

Are there any issues working under Vista 64 bit?

We have a few customers report issues with pasting data into AE on Vista 64. Adobe is aware of the issue - it lies on the AE side of things. Best bet is to download the sfw and test it in trial mode.

Also is anyone available over the next few days to help out on this if I run into problems?

Sorry - we are small company and take weekends off. I’ll be around on Monday if you have questions.

I have a lot of this type of stuff coming up and really need to sort out a good solid workflow, so I’m hoping that this is the product that will do it.[/quote]

mocha for AE is a great economical solution for tracking challenges and it is the same tracker found in monet. The differences are monet has the lens distortion correction and the ability to render and finish the composite. mocha and mocha for AE both export tracking data. No rendering within.

Hope this helps.
-Ross

rosss@imagineersystems.com