Best approach to track this shot?

Hi,
New to Mocha and love it. I just did a track test and you can see the completed video here:

I did it by tracking the fire hydrant and then in AE moved the recipient of the tracking data back in space. Sort of moving the plane in z space and used a camera layer.
I was wondering if there is an easier way to track this?
Thanks!

Hi,

New to Mocha and love it. I just did a track test and you can see the completed video here:

I did it by tracking the fire hydrant and then in AE moved the recipient of the tracking data back in space. Sort of moving the plane in z space and used a camera layer.

I was wondering if there is an easier way to track this?

Thanks!

Thanks, I figured there was an easier way. Any drift I see in AE is a result of not refining the track in Mocha correct? I only see a tiny bit at the end of the shot now.

Thanks, I figured there was an easier way. Any drift I see in AE is a result of not refining the track in Mocha correct? I only see a tiny bit at the end of the shot now.

If the rest of it is solid, then yes, it’s usually because part of the track has not been and corrected.

Tracking the fire hydrant will work, but you shouldn’t need to use the camera.

1. Just position your character in the scene where you want it and then Precompose the layer.
  2. Then in mocha, use the Align Surface button on the same frame you positioned your character and this will blow up the surface to full dimensions for that frame, making all your tracking data relative from that point.
  3. You can then export a corner pin and apply it to the precomposed layer.

Tracking the fire hydrant will work, but you shouldn’t need to use the camera.

1. Just position your character in the scene where you want it and then Precompose the layer.
  2. Then in mocha, use the Align Surface button on the same frame you positioned your character and this will blow up the surface to full dimensions for that frame, making all your tracking data relative from that point.
  3. You can then export a corner pin and apply it to the precomposed layer.

If the rest of it is solid, then yes, it’s usually because part of the track has not been and corrected.