Bezier paths slow

I have problems with adjusting a bezier path in Mocha. If I select all the points and drag them to the new position it takes a while before I can move it and it actually moves.
Is this a “bug” or do I need to change some settings?

Thanks,

My computer:
Intel MAC
2x 2.66 GHz Dual core
with 2 Gb RAM
running Mocha on Windows environment

clip:
1280 x 720 - 24 bit RGB
length = 309 frames

—Quote (Originally by james83)—
I have problems with adjusting a bezier path in Mocha. If I select all the points and drag them to the new position it takes a while before I can move it and it actually moves.
Is this a “bug” or do I need to change some settings?

Thanks,

My computer:
Intel MAC
2x 2.66 GHz Dual core
with 2 Gb RAM
running Mocha on Windows environment

clip:
1280 x 720 - 24 bit RGB
length = 309 frames
—End Quote—

The issue that you are getting sounds like an opengl or graphical driver issue; which is causing the repaint problems. Is this issue that you are getting only resident to the movement of bezier shapes or does the entire application seems sluggish. For example: If you use the right click options on the bezier point does the popup menu slowly appear; and the highlight over the options even slower…

You have put down your machine specs. Can you elaborate how Windows is running on the Mac (is it a partitioned HD, or are you running it from and emulation etc.) Could you also confirm your graphic card specs.

thanks for the replies,

my graphics card:

GeForce 7300GT
256 MB

windows is running from the windows restarter script. so it is dual boot and os x is always the first boot. I am not sure how it is configured precisely since I didnt do it myself.

hope this is enough information.

thanks in advance,

I have also found Mocha sluggish when moving even one point on a bezier spline (admittedly the spline has 100 or so points in total) but this is on a SD project (177 frames) Moving multiple points at a time takes ages.

Not the fastest PC in the world, but more than meets Mocha’s minimum specs: -

P4 3GHz
NVidia GeForce FX 5200
2GB RAM
110GB system/apps drive (7200rpm)
80GB projects/still drive (7200)
600GB video /mocha cache drive (2 x 7200 ion RAID 0)

I’ve also seen a slow down in performance. Restarting the program alleviates the problem a little. To be more specific. In roto’ing a clip I would move a node on a spline and I would get a short spin of the “beach ball” before I could go back to working. The same thing happens when panning or zooming around the image. Also, when I hold the X or Z key down to pan or zoom there is a very noticeable delay in the application recognizing the key down.
Any information on how to speed this up would be appreciated. The track was great and the roto options very good.
Thank you.

Machine specs:
dual 2Ghz G5
3.5Gb RAM
AGP ATI video card (can’t remember the model)

Clip specs:
PAL resolution
800 frames
24bit

I have the same problem. I love the concept of Mocha roto and tracking, but unfortunately I end up using Silhouette because the performance is much, much better. Mocha is just not ready for prime time. It just gets sluggish after a while. The whole program just slows down big time with a simple 210 frame clip.Moving splines, zooming, panning etc…I give Mocha 2 gigs of Ram for cache.

My system:

G5 dual 2 gig
X800 XT video card
4 gigs Ram
Raptor HD

Any suggestions? Or is there an update in the works to increase performance?

Thanks