Blurring background question

I have a shot where 2 people are sitting on a bed - One in the FG and one in the BG. The director wants to blur the BG behind the person closest to the camera to overcome a continuity error.

Originally, I attempted to use Roto Brush but it was clear that it was not going to give me a good clean track of the movement of the person in the FG. So I thought I would give Mocha a try.

I used X-splines and built a mask around the person in the FG. Used the last frame as it held the most promise and did a track backward and it was MUCH closer than what I got with Roto Brush. I must say, this was my first time really using Mocha and I was impressed with the UI and how fast I was able to tweak the mask and get a nice solid track.

Now, I need to get this into AE and use this mask somehow to allow me to blur everything outside the mask. How do I do that process?

TIA!

Perfect! Thanks so much!

I have a shot where 2 people are sitting on a bed - One in the FG and one in the BG. The director wants to blur the BG behind the person closest to the camera to overcome a continuity error.
Originally, I attempted to use Roto Brush but it was clear that it was not going to give me a good clean track of the movement of the person in the FG. So I thought I would give Mocha a try.
I used X-splines and built a mask around the person in the FG. Used the last frame as it held the most promise and did a track backward and it was MUCH closer than what I got with Roto Brush. I must say, this was my first time really using Mocha and I was impressed with the UI and how fast I was able to tweak the mask and get a nice solid track.
Now, I need to get this into AE and use this mask somehow to allow me to blur everything outside the mask. How do I do that process?
TIA!

Perfect! Thanks so much!

wamly welcome
Sure all pro gamer are most welcome… if you can reach out to them it would be great!! Thanks a lot

If you are using CS5, simply select the layer in mocha and choose export shape data to mocha shape for After Effects. Choose copy.

In After Effects, select the layer and then paste the shape data.

-R

—Quote (Originally by bscenefilms)—

TIA!
—End Quote—

If you are using CS5, simply select the layer in mocha and choose export shape data to mocha shape for After Effects. Choose copy.
In After Effects, select the layer and then paste the shape data.
-R
—Quote (Originally by bscenefilms)—
TIA!
—End Quote—