Boris Continuum not loading library error sx32w.dll

After installing Boris continuum 2020 I get the continuum error and it says error: could not load library sx32w.dll please try fully installing and then reinstalling . If that does not help,l please contact Boris FX support. I have installed and uninstalled continuum for Vegas pro 18 and it still can’t load the library. any suggestions on resolving this issue will be appreciated.

I don’t know for sure. I think I had an issue with this before. For me it was a plug in that was not removed from the previous install. I think i had a particle effects plugin. THan I bought the whole contumum 2019 at the time. It conflicted with the previous plugin. So i had to uninstall the plug in ans an app and it cleared it. Like I said, not 100% sure , good luck.

Thanks. I’m thinking the same thing I have the full version of continuum and the plugin with Vegas.

Yes, the most likely issue is a confused install where you have parts of two different versions of Continuum installed at the same time. I would recommend the the following:
-Uninstall any versions of Continuum OFX you find in the Windows uninstall pane
-Open the OFX plugin folder here: C:\Program Files\Common Files\OFX\Plugins
-Manually delete any folders there that start with “BCC” and which were not removed by the uninstaller, for example BCC11_OFX.ofx.bundle.
-Then re-install Continuum.

A number of years ago there was a problem with one BCC uninstaller package where it didn’t fully remove the older plugin upon uninstall/upgrade and you might have run into this.

If that doesn’t help please let us know.

-Jason

Yep you were right there were uninstalled plug ins. Thanks for the tip!

That worked perfectly for me. No more errors. Thanks!!