BorisFX Sapphire 2021 plugins crash and freeze any version of Resolve 17

Hi All…

BorisFX Sapphire 2021 plugins crash and freeze any version of Resolve 17 including beta 3.

Continuum 2021 is fine.

Anybody else seeing this??

Here are the errors:-

[S_“AnyPlugin” could not be run successfully.
See Davinci Resolve logs for details.

The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error.

Error Code: 700]

My system-

Windows 10 - latest updates.

Dual gtx1070’s - both running at full x16 PCIE 3.0 - Latest Studio driver.

64gb system memory.

All SSD drives including 8 disc hardware raid.

Works on 16.2

––––––––––––––

Jochen Kunstler
Professor Film & Television
Savannah College of Art and Design ®

office: 877.722.3285 / mobile: 252.395.0249
jkunstle@scad.edu / www.scad.edu

SCAD: The University for Creative Careers ®
NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by electronic mail and then delete this message and all copies and backups thereof. Thank you.

1 Like

Same problem here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Upgrade to version 17 (b0, b1, b2, b3) of davinci resolve and Boris directly broke, it is unusable

It’s a shame that no one from Boris ever actually reads these forums . . .

Supposed to be a very upstanding company that supposedly listens to their users.

Oh well…

We’ve got a maintenance release coming that fixes the Resolve problem. Will be released next week at the latest.

@ drabbracadabbra, you are sooooooo wrong! A great company!

No, I’m not.

Because it’s always the same thing. Crickets and tumbleweeds…

Which is why I virtually never post on forums because issues like this always go unattended with no response from anyone at the company.

There’s no reason that at least one person could have at least acknowleged this post.

Every plugin company has had access to Resolve 17 beta for months. No excuse.

fwiw, after an update from Resolve 16.2 to 17b3 just now, the latest Sapphire is working fine for me.

Naturally Resolve immediately notified me that b4 is ready so I’m going to do that and report back.