"Bounding Box" mentality for transforming groups of vertices

I think it would be great if when you selected a group of vertices and there was a visible bounding box that you could rotate, and scale uniformly, and scale individually in X and Y. For bonus points, it would be sweet to also be able to Distort a single corner, or if you grab a “center-top” handle, be able to skew the whole group in perspective.

In case my description is confusing, just open up Photoshop, After Effects, Fusion, etc, and see how it works when you grab a few, but not all, of the vertices in a group, or even the whole group.

I think it’s useful when an object has perspective changes that apply to parts of the overall object, but not globally to the object. You can correct a whole group of vertices quickly if there’s just been a simple perspective change because you can control X and Y independently.

I could be wrong, but I think the present tools gang X and Y together, and treat rotation as a separate tool (requiring hitting hotkeys to toggle between scale, transform, and rotation)

also a way to temporary toggle the inactive layers to template (dimmed and unselectable) without having to hide those inactive layers or make them nonselectable through the layers list options.

Along with the bounding boxes that Ben is asking for, can we also be allowed to click on the line of a particular shape and by doing so select all the points in that shape (automatically)?

This would help tremendously when I have several shapes overlapping, but only need to move one. Currently this is difficult at best because I always either click on the wrong shape’s point OR miss the point on my own shape and end up deselecting everything (resulting in me having to start over again).

Thanks,
Dartayous

U ROCK!

You just solved like 25% of my problems! And increased my work flow at the same time. Rockin’!!

Thanks,
Dartayous

—Quote (Originally by dartayous)—
Along with the bounding boxes that Ben is asking for, can we also be allowed to click on the line of a particular shape and by doing so select all the points in that shape (automatically)?
—End Quote—

Right click on any of the points of a curve, to select the whole curve.
(In the manual and covered on recordings)

Nonethless right clicking a contour for the same purpose would also be handy.

This may be handy… we will add it to the list.

—Quote (Originally by Jay)—
Nonethless right clicking a contour for the same purpose would also be handy.
—End Quote—

Another idea would be to be able to select all the points / curves on a layer by right clicking the layer on Layer Controls menu?