Caching bug

it’s still there.
I track a plate. close it, move on to another plate. then open and come back to the first one, add a new layer and start tracking. But mocha is Clearly tracking the other plate still.
I close and create a new project and rename it and i can track fine.
I’m working on a series of shots that are extremely similar with really small motion and it’s really hurting.
I’ve seen this manifest itself when I switch over to quarter rez, play through the timeline to cache it and then move onto a new project and see the other plate show up while in the quarter rez and the new plate in the full.
T

Yes, I think it worked. but then the next time I went back is was bad again.
In the end, it’s usually easier to just make a new project. I guess if it’s critical I get a new track in a specific project I’ll have to resort to the cache flush.
good luck.

Yes, I think it worked. but then the next time I went back is was bad again.
In the end, it’s usually easier to just make a new project. I guess if it’s critical I get a new track in a specific project I’ll have to resort to the cache flush.
good luck.

Are you working in hardware rendering mode?

Try it and see if it makes a difference.
Are you doing all these tracks in the same project?
Also try going to your MoTemp directory and deleting all the cache files. You can find the location of the directory in the first tab of your preferences. Quit mocha before you do this.

The other option is to convert them to a lower dimension and then relink the higher resolution footage once your track is complete and the shapes/tracking will scale up with it. This means you can skip the mocha proxy process if the cache is causing issues.

maybe someone can screen share and look at it on my machine.
T

no, should I?
T

hmm, I deleted the cache folder. I think it worked. but then the next time I went back is was bad again.
Be nice to be able to bring in shapes at least.
Haven’t tried HW yet.
The " ‘Stopping a track and then Restarting a track’ is not tracking the cancelled frame" bug is really starting to frustrate me, too.
1am and an hour later I realize I gotta track the last 200 frames again. Not bad for broadcast but these 5k film plates are kinda brutal. makes 2k feel like realtime.
T