Camera solve issues

Hello once again,
i watched your tutorials about 3d camera solves and easily understood them.
But now in this current personal project i’m working in, i’ve been having some problems i never had before with camera solving. This said, is nothing with the software but with the user → me.
Actually it is the same project Mary Poplin very PATIENTLY helped me with. And my problem is this. I have a more less 5 second hand held pan of a building filmed with a 8mm fish eye lense. what i need is to get my tracking and planar surface well tracked (which i think i have) and export it to Ae so i can attache the animation that is going to appear on the wall of the building (like a fake video mapping).
Problem, there?s no way (being hand held) ptz will work so i have to create a second non co planar tracker to solve as small or large parallax.
The part i don’t understand is that when i import it to Ae sometimes not all the nulls are pasted, which is strange! (even if wrong they should still appear right?) and even getting 98% and 99% solve quality, the surfaces are behaving erratically or are missplaced.
If the problem is still the tracking, can you advise in which is the best way to track a shot like this one?
Another thing, in my second non co planar tracking, instead of adding new shapes to my track layer i used one spline only and animated it through the footage so it always stayed in scene. The result, when i solve the two layers i get a warning about moving shapes (dont remenber exactly what it said) does that make any difference after?
I look forward for your reply,
regards,
Pedro Davis

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response, this must have fallen through the forum cracks.

—Quote—
Problem, there?s no way (being hand held) ptz will work so i have to create a second non co planar tracker to solve as small or large parallax. The part i don’t understand is that when i import it to Ae sometimes not all the nulls are pasted, which is strange! (even if wrong they should still appear right?) and even getting 98% and 99% solve quality, the surfaces are behaving erratically or are missplaced.
—End Quote—
OK, so the same issues you had with the remove in this shot are going to be present in AE. Namely, the lens curve. So you need to apply the lens curve to your solve by exporting it out of mocha AE v3 or mocha Pro v3.

All of your settings need to match in mocha and in your comp, frame rate, aspect ratio, and size.

You also need to delete the anchor point data if you’re using nulls.

If you’re using corner pins, you need to align the surface in mocha to all four corners of your frame by clicking “align surface” in the layer window. And any corner pin you already have in AE will need to be pre-comped into a composition that is exactly the same size as the clip in mocha.

Make sure you paste all your data into AE from mocha on the first frame of the sequence you used in mocha. Usually that is the first frame, unless you have moved the clip around in AE.

—Quote—
If the problem is still the tracking, can you advise in which is the best way to track a shot like this one?
—End Quote—
If your track is slipping only a little then you need to use adjust track. If your track is way off, you need to find a better area to track. I think this is a combination of the lens warp and a rack that needs to be adjusted. That is how I solved the remove we talked about.

—Quote—
Another thing, in my second non co planar tracking, instead of adding new shapes to my track layer i used one spline only and animated it through the footage so it always stayed in scene. The result, when i solve the two layers i get a warning about moving shapes (dont remenber exactly what it said) does that make any difference after?
—End Quote—
You got a warning about moving shapes? I don’t think we have a warning for moving shapes. What was the exact warning you got?

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
Sorry for the delayed response, this must have fallen through the forum cracks.
—Quote—
Problem, there?s no way (being hand held) ptz will work so i have to create a second non co planar tracker to solve as small or large parallax. The part i don’t understand is that when i import it to Ae sometimes not all the nulls are pasted, which is strange! (even if wrong they should still appear right?) and even getting 98% and 99% solve quality, the surfaces are behaving erratically or are missplaced.
—End Quote—
OK, so the same issues you had with the remove in this shot are going to be present in AE. Namely, the lens curve. So you need to apply the lens curve to your solve by exporting it out of mocha AE v3 or mocha Pro v3.
All of your settings need to match in mocha and in your comp, frame rate, aspect ratio, and size.
You also need to delete the anchor point data if you’re using nulls.
If you’re using corner pins, you need to align the surface in mocha to all four corners of your frame by clicking “align surface” in the layer window. And any corner pin you already have in AE will need to be pre-comped into a composition that is exactly the same size as the clip in mocha.
Make sure you paste all your data into AE from mocha on the first frame of the sequence you used in mocha. Usually that is the first frame, unless you have moved the clip around in AE.
—Quote—
—End Quote—
If your track is slipping only a little then you need to use adjust track. If your track is way off, you need to find a better area to track. I think this is a combination of the lens warp and a rack that needs to be adjusted. That is how I solved the remove we talked about.
—Quote—
—End Quote—
You got a warning about moving shapes? I don’t think we have a warning for moving shapes. What was the exact warning you got?
Cheers,
Mary

Hello once again,

i watched your tutorials about 3d camera solves and easily understood them.
But now in this current personal project i’m working in, i’ve been having some problems i never had before with camera solving. This said, is nothing with the software but with the user -> me.

Actually it is the same project Mary Poplin very PATIENTLY helped me with. And my problem is this. I have a more less 5 second hand held pan of a building filmed with a 8mm fish eye lense. what i need is to get my tracking and planar surface well tracked (which i think i have) and export it to Ae so i can attache the animation that is going to appear on the wall of the building (like a fake video mapping).

Problem, there?s no way (being hand held) ptz will work so i have to create a second non co planar tracker to solve as small or large parallax.
The part i don’t understand is that when i import it to Ae sometimes not all the nulls are pasted, which is strange! (even if wrong they should still appear right?) and even getting 98% and 99% solve quality, the surfaces are behaving erratically or are missplaced.

I look forward for your reply,
regards,

Pedro Davis