Camera Solve Quality

I’m stumped! I am following Imagineer Systems tut Fundamentals Ex 12 exactly. Using very simple PTZ shot, I make a spline and disconnect from track. I make a second spline and manually track interfering object. Set it all up like the example and hit solve. The solution is near instantaneous! and has a cam solve quality of ZERO. Nonetheless, I export cam track data to AE and add a 3D text layer and it is locked rock solid to the footage. In the example, it took some time to solve the camera (I don’t have zoom, could this be it?) and most definitiely computes solve quality. Given an apparent perfect solve, why don’t I get a quality estimate? Thanks.

I’m stumped! I am following Imagineer Systems tut Fundamentals Ex 12 exactly. Using very simple PTZ shot, I make a spline and disconnect from track. I make a second spline and manually track interfering object. Set it all up like the example and hit solve. The solution is near instantaneous! and has a cam solve quality of ZERO. Nonetheless, I export cam track data to AE and add a 3D text layer and it is locked rock solid to the footage. In the example, it took some time to solve the camera (I don’t have zoom, could this be it?) and most definitiely computes solve quality. Given an apparent perfect solve, why don’t I get a quality estimate? Thanks.

Hi there,
Are you selecting the interfering object in the foreground when you hit solve and is that object animating? We only solve for stationary objects to get the camera solver data, then you can use mocha’s planar tracker to solve for moving objects and export all the nulls properly.
Cheers,
Mary

Im tyring to track and solve a handheld shot focusing a stationary object.

I’ve tracked the stationary object and photo fame hung on the wall in background.

Min pixels were set to 100 for tracking. Solve quality is 0.

Unable to solve as it returns error, that this cannot ve solved. Please advise.

Regards,
Suresh Babu Shanmugam.

Sounds like a bad track. Does the surface tool look like it is sticking like glue to the tracked objects? Can you turn the surface tool on, scrub the timeline, and look for any drift? Let me know and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary