Camera tracking green screen footage

Firstly, I’m new to mocha pro so please excuse my ignorance. I have some shots that I want track shot on green screen, to replace with digital backgrounds. I’m trying to get my ahead around mocha to find a workflow to track and to be able to get the data into AE so I can export the camera to my 3d app to render the sequence.
I do use syntheyes for tracking normally but the tracking markers are completely out of focus and hoped mocha could help. Is there any workflow using mocha I could consider?
Thanks.

You have two approaches:

1. Track the green screen and other planes to solve a camera in mocha Pro using the Camera Solve module. You can then export an FBX to your 3d app.
  2. Track the green screen and apply your own 2d tracking markers with the planar data and use that in syntheyes.
    Either will work, but it depends on how complex your scene is and what the camera is doing.

You have two approaches:

1. Track the green screen and other planes to solve a camera in mocha Pro using the Camera Solve module. You can then export an FBX to your 3d app.
  2. Track the green screen and apply your own 2d tracking markers with the planar data and use that in syntheyes.

Either will work, but it depends on how complex your scene is and what the camera is doing.

It is normally best not to think of mocha like a “tracking marker” tracker. You want to think in terms of planes of texture, so mocha should not have much problem with the blurry markers and getting a camera solve from them. In fact mocha is very useful for avoiding having to use tracking markers at all.

It is normally best not to think of mocha like a “tracking marker” tracker. You want to think in terms of planes of texture, so mocha should not have much problem with the blurry markers and getting a camera solve from them. In fact mocha is very useful for avoiding having to use tracking markers at all.

Try tracking it in mocha first before you give up on option #1, you might be surprised.

Try tracking it in mocha first before you give up on option #1, you might be surprised.

Will do. Thanks.

Will do. Thanks.

Firstly, I’m new to mocha pro so please excuse my ignorance. I have some shots that I want track shot on green screen, to replace with digital backgrounds. I’m trying to get my ahead around mocha to find a workflow to track and to be able to get the data into AE so I can export the camera to my 3d app to render the sequence.

I do use syntheyes for tracking normally but the tracking markers are completely out of focus and hoped mocha could help. Is there any workflow using mocha I could consider?

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. I doubt i’ll be able to track many of the planes for some shots. Some will just be 2d tracking blurry markers.
No 2 option is an interesting idea.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply. I doubt i’ll be able to track many of the planes for some shots. Some will just be 2d tracking blurry markers.

No 2 option is an interesting idea.

Thanks again.

Thanks again. I understand the using of planes. I’ve used Mocha for a few projects and it worked great. What is sorta throwing me off is creating tracking data that allows me to get a tracked camera into a 3d application.

Thanks again. I understand the using of planes. I’ve used Mocha for a few projects and it worked great. What is sorta throwing me off is creating tracking data that allows me to get a tracked camera into a 3d application.