Can I install Particle Illusion Standalone to Continuum folder?

I have noticed that Particle Illusion Standalone has upgraded to 14.0.2 newer than continuum’s Particle Illusion 14.0.1. And the new features of Standalone are more than continuum’s particle illusion. https://borisfx.com/release-notes/particle-illusion-standalone-2021-v14.0.2-release-notes/

So can I install Particle Illusion Standalone to “C:\Program Files\BorisFX\ContinuumOFX”? So that continuum can call newer particle illusion 14.0.2.

I noticed that Particle Illusion continuum’s “Particle Illusion.exe” is 9MB while Particle Illusion Standalone’s “Particle Illusion.exe” is 10MB. Do they have much difference?

Hi there,

So the recent Particle Illusion standalone (free) release was in fact a catch up release for the standalone application to include all of the new features that were added to the full feature set that is in the Continuum Particle Illusion plugin, not the other way around. So the free standalone Particle Illusion now includes all of the new features that we added to he paid plug-in version of Particle Illusion.

I hope this info helps.

Cheers,
Peter.

Do you mean free 14.0.2 Particle Illusion.exe = paid 14.0.1 Particle Illusion.exe (no ofx involved) ?

But not free 14.0.2 Particle Illusion.exe > paid 14.0.1 Particle Illusion.exe ?

So we updated Particle illusion with Continuum 2021, aka v.14. Then we provided an update to that with v.14.0.1 to fix some relatively minor issues with the released product. At that stage we had not updated the free version of Particle Illusion - it remained at 13.5. Recently we updated the free version of Particle Illusion to include the new features that were included in the 14.0.1 release. There is nothing in the free version that is not already in the paid version.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Peter.