Can Mocha Pro Remove this?

Hi all,
I’m new here, and I would like to thank you for this great software.
It’s really awesom :slight_smile:
I have a problem though.
I have this clip of an intro, and what I want to make, is remove all the GFX text that pops on the footage.
Can Mocha help me do this, and what is the most suitable way ?
Here’s a link to the clip

Thanks

Hi all,
I’m new here, and I would like to thank you for this great software.
It’s really awesom :slight_smile:
I have a problem though.
I have this clip of an intro, and what I want to make, is remove all the GFX text that pops on the footage.
Can Mocha help me do this, and what is the most suitable way ?
Here’s a link to the clip

Thanks

I’ve tried that, maybe i’m doing something wrong, but I tried the same technique as the tutorials on other clips, and it worked fine :slight_smile:
But on this clip I couldn’t don’t know what to do ?
I’m still new to Mocha Pro, and this is a job that I have to deliver Thursday.
Right now, I’m painting frame by frame in Photoshop :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Please help me

I’ve tried that, maybe i’m doing something wrong, but I tried the same technique as the tutorials on other clips, and it worked fine :slight_smile:
But on this clip I couldn’t don’t know what to do ?
I’m still new to Mocha Pro, and this is a job that I have to deliver Thursday.
Right now, I’m painting frame by frame in Photoshop :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Please help me

Great
I will try my best with this clip.
Thanks a lot Mary

Great
I will try my best with this clip.
Thanks a lot Mary

HI There,
Break this into into separate clips, not all one long clip. This is not an easy fix and will require a lot of manual work no matter what you do.
OK, so you need to track the ground plane in the first shot, and the sky (if possible to track, if not, attach the sky to the ground plane), create a single cleanplate in photoshop of the clean BG, and remove that patch where the text is over the first part of the shot using the cleanplate. You will need to paint the guy’s legs back in with roto shapes (you can make the roto shapes in mocha). Mocha can’t remove what it cant see behind, so you have to paint it in for at least one frame. See the tutorial I linked in the videos section on removing blemishes. It’s your best bet.
For the rest of the shots you will need to track the torsos where the text is over the people’s bodies. You will then have to make a clean plate for each person and track that in with mocha. You will have to replace the bue bits of the BG as well behind the text.
Basically, this is not any kind of easy remove, but the first shot is the easiest.
Also, when you make cleanplates, always make the cleanplate on the largest area you have revealed in the clip. So if you see the ground the most at the end of the shot, use the last frame as the cleanplate.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there!
We’re glad you like the software. For mocha, the opening shot will be the easiest to fix, but the problem you will have is that the shots are all very fast and don’t have much good data to track. You’ll have to clean these shots up in patches.
Your best bet is to use the remove tool and separate everything into planes and remove over all those planes. We have some great remove tutorials here: Boris FX | Videos
Let me know if you have any questions!
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there!

We’re glad you like the software. For mocha, the opening shot will be the easiest to fix, but the problem you will have is that the shots are all very fast and don’t have much good data to track. You’ll have to clean these shots up in patches.

Your best bet is to use the remove tool and separate everything into planes and remove over all those planes. We have some great remove tutorials here: Boris FX | Videos

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Mary

HI There,

Break this into into separate clips, not all one long clip. This is not an easy fix and will require a lot of manual work no matter what you do.

OK, so you need to track the ground plane in the first shot, and the sky (if possible to track, if not, attach the sky to the ground plane), create a single cleanplate in photoshop of the clean BG, and remove that patch where the text is over the first part of the shot using the cleanplate. You will need to paint the guy’s legs back in with roto shapes (you can make the roto shapes in mocha). Mocha can’t remove what it cant see behind, so you have to paint it in for at least one frame. See the tutorial I linked in the videos section on removing blemishes. It’s your best bet.

For the rest of the shots you will need to track the torsos where the text is over the people’s bodies. You will then have to make a clean plate for each person and track that in with mocha. You will have to replace the bue bits of the BG as well behind the text.

Basically, this is not any kind of easy remove, but the first shot is the easiest.

Also, when you make cleanplates, always make the cleanplate on the largest area you have revealed in the clip. So if you see the ground the most at the end of the shot, use the last frame as the cleanplate.

Cheers,
Mary