Can You feed moving cleanplate footage to the remove tool?

I just wonder …
If I had a moving camera shot and want to replace an actor with a cg character. Could I shoot a similar take without the actor and feed that moving cleanplate to the remove tool ? I mean no motion control … just a similar camera movement that covers all the area that the actor had covered ? Would be great :slight_smile:
Thanks for any tips or ideas!
Peter

It would have to be exactly the same shot with a controlled camera rig to do this kind of remove, otherwise you would get artefacts in the shot.
It depends on what you are removing from exactly. Is the background too complex to do a planar remove?

It would have to be exactly the same shot with a controlled camera rig to do this kind of remove, otherwise you would get artefacts in the shot.

It depends on what you are removing from exactly. Is the background too complex to do a planar remove?

I just wonder …

If I had a moving camera shot and want to replace an actor with a cg character. Could I shoot a similar take without the actor and feed that moving cleanplate to the remove tool ? I mean no motion control … just a similar camera movement that covers all the area that the actor had covered ? Would be great :slight_smile:

Thanks for any tips or ideas!

Peter

Hi Martin,
it’s completely hypothetical. I’m just thinking about the possibilieties with mocha for future use. If I had a controlled camera rig then of course I also had much more possibilities. I am thinking of just a similar cameramove that conains all the necessary information. I suppose that could be done. If I would do it in one take it should work.
For example:
An actor walks through a scene while the camera makes a dolly move. After the take I don’t stop the camera and repeat the camera move a close as possible. Wouldn’t the remove tool be able to use that “cleanplate”-part of the take ?
And if yes, couldn’t I then feed such a take as extra footage or lets say extrem dense sequence of cleanplates to the remove tool ?
Thanks!
Peter
Thanks!

Hi Martin,

it’s completely hypothetical. I’m just thinking about the possibilieties with mocha for future use. If I had a controlled camera rig then of course I also had much more possibilities. I am thinking of just a similar cameramove that conains all the necessary information. I suppose that could be done. If I would do it in one take it should work.

For example:
An actor walks through a scene while the camera makes a dolly move. After the take I don’t stop the camera and repeat the camera move a close as possible. Wouldn’t the remove tool be able to use that “cleanplate”-part of the take ?

And if yes, couldn’t I then feed such a take as extra footage or lets say extrem dense sequence of cleanplates to the remove tool ?

Thanks!

Peter

Thanks!