Cannot import ANY footage to Mocha

I still cannot import any of my footage so now i have to add one more painfull step in my process of exporting each shot into a jpeg sequence.
But anyway I sit trying to track a simple mobile phone screen for hours on end and still am constantly disappointed with every track, every single time! Should I try sticking something to the screen for tracking or does that not apply to planar tracking? arg:confused::confused::confused:
Maybe i should scrap this and buy some real tracker.
I know mocha has such powerful capabilities but maybe the version that comes with AE cs5, just isn’t worth using?
What am I doing wrong?

Could we do it like this, I’ll explain my planned shots, equipment and software, and maybe you could advise how to proceed?
Equipment :
Canon EOS 7d
Lenses:50mm 1.4
18-55mm
Software: Adobe Production Premium CS5 (including Mocha)
Shots :
Iphone on a table (to attach a hologram to the tracked footage)
medium close-up of talking people (should I draw dots on their faces for tracking and to later clone stamp remove? With these shots I will have annotations appearing next to the subjects, explaining their thoughts)
Computer screen, for floating hud graphics (I assumed this would be simple for Mocha, but my track was not accurate enough)
Any advice?

Thanks for the tips,
My first problem being that I cannot import any of my video footage into Mocha, so I always have to render out an image sequence.
Secondly, I can’t provide the shots that I need to track because I haven’t shot them yet. I’ve been experimenting with Mocha to see exactly what I need to do in order to shoot the planned shots accurately.
I do not wish to shoot everything, only to later find out that I should have done something differently.

—Quote—
Do you actually mean G5 or is it a Mac Pro?
—End Quote—
My bad, mac pro
let me be more specific
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro4,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per processor): 8 MB
Memory: 12 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 6.4 GT/s

Hey,
Well, if by administrator permissions you mean that i have rights to change/modify/install/uninstall then yes I have that.
About the mpeg streamclip, it started playing up a few months ago and I tried re-installing it but nothing happens. Basically every-time I open the software, it crashes (similar to mocha when I try import footage) but I wasn’t using mocha until now.
The difference between the home machine and the one im working on is only hardware really.
The home machine is an imac with 4gb ram, the work machine is a G5 with 12gb ram, 2 x 512 gfx cards, 4TB hdd space, etc.
thx