Can't export the corner pin ! ERROR shown

I’m tracking an aerial shot with flat plane (flat fields) where the cam starts very high and then moves down almost to the ground and while it’s doing this it’s rotating 90 degrees. The plane that I’m interested in is in the middle of the shot, so I started to track from the middle where it’s very clear and then track backwards and then from the middle again forward. While doing this, for best tracking results and because the layers where leaving the shot I added a lot of X-splines to layer to stay stable. I tested the surface and it was superb. But, when I tried to export the track, Mocha gave me error about missing or invalid data. I haven’t deleted any key frame or spline.
Note: The problem was shown when the I extended the surface from the borders of the first original spline. If it was sitting among the borders then I was able to export. While the error was shown in the first state, I was able only to export it in Red Giant WARP and the Transform data type of data.
Also I wanted to ask why when I tracked the footage from the middle and tracked backwards, and when I moved the shot to track from the middle the added X splines started to intersect when they left their frame. Will this affect my track when I track forward and if it does can someone help me.

Hi, i’ve looked it over and responded by email, but for future forum searches, here is what i found:
It’s definitely the surface corners going too far behind the “camera”. If you zoom out towards the end of the track you can see how the blue corners flip up to the top of the screen.
To avoid this, you can try tracking from the very end of the shot where it’s most zoomed in. In order to keep the track going, you can track backwards and start adding new splines every so often to keep the detail. Just stop the track when the last spline you drew gets small and use the “add spline to layer” tool to draw an additional shape. This should maintain the surface. You may notice the additional splines will probably get the same “out of camera” problem, but it depends on what you ultimately need to export.

Hi,

I’d have to see the project file itself to see the actual issue, but it’s possible the surface is rotating beyond the bounds of the view.

To put it simply, if you think about the viewer as a camera, one or more surface corners may be going behind the camera, thus creating unstable tracking data.

If you can send me just the mocha project file I’ll take a look and confirm:
martinb[at]imagineersystems{dot}com

Hi,
I’d have to see the project file itself to see the actual issue, but it’s possible the surface is rotating beyond the bounds of the view.
To put it simply, if you think about the viewer as a camera, one or more surface corners may be going behind the camera, thus creating unstable tracking data.

Hi, i’ve looked it over and responded by email, but for future forum searches, here is what i found:

It’s definitely the surface corners going too far behind the “camera”. If you zoom out towards the end of the track you can see how the blue corners flip up to the top of the screen.

To avoid this, you can try tracking from the very end of the shot where it’s most zoomed in. In order to keep the track going, you can track backwards and start adding new splines every so often to keep the detail. Just stop the track when the last spline you drew gets small and use the “add spline to layer” tool to draw an additional shape. This should maintain the surface. You may notice the additional splines will probably get the same “out of camera” problem, but it depends on what you ultimately need to export.

I’m tracking an aerial shot with flat plane (flat fields) where the cam starts very high and then moves down almost to the ground and while it’s doing this it’s rotating 90 degrees. The plane that I’m interested in is in the middle of the shot, so I started to track from the middle where it’s very clear and then track backwards and then from the middle again forward. While doing this, for best tracking results and because the layers where leaving the shot I added a lot of X-splines to layer to stay stable. I tested the surface and it was superb. But, when I tried to export the track, Mocha gave me error about missing or invalid data. I haven’t deleted any key frame or spline.

Note: The problem was shown when the I extended the surface from the borders of the first original spline. If it was sitting among the borders then I was able to export. While the error was shown in the first state, I was able only to export it in Red Giant WARP and the Transform data type of data.

Also I wanted to ask why when I tracked the footage from the middle and tracked backwards, and when I moved the shot to track from the middle the added X splines started to intersect when they left their frame. Will this affect my track when I track forward and if it does can someone help me.

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
Hi,
—End Quote—
Sorry to bother you but have you received the project and seen the footage.

Hi,

—End Quote—
Sorry to bother you but have you received the project and seen the footage.

—End Quote—
Thank you very much for the answer. :slight_smile:

—End Quote—
Thank you very much for the answer. :slight_smile: