Cant import any video clips, mocha crashes

Hello…
im using windows 7 and after effects cs4
i start mocha, create a new project, asks me to select the clip i want to work with…
i select a .mov file from my digital camera click open and after a few seconds mocha crashes…
i havent been able to import any kind of clips… i’ve tried with mp4 mpg, nothing…
any idea what could be wrong?
thnx

Could you try loading an image sequence and see if that works?
Could you also please post a short clip of a format that crashes on your machine and we will try it here.
Best regards,
J-P

Could you try loading an image sequence and see if that works?

Could you also please post a short clip of a format that crashes on your machine and we will try it here.

Best regards,

J-P

Hello…

im using windows 7 and after effects cs4

i start mocha, create a new project, asks me to select the clip i want to work with…

i select a .mov file from my digital camera click open and after a few seconds mocha crashes…

i havent been able to import any kind of clips… i’ve tried with mp4 mpg, nothing…

any idea what could be wrong?

thnx

ok, reading this forum, i found something about the way mocha deals with directories and filenames…
so… i tried puting 2 of the clips that crashed mocha directly into the c: drive… under no folders…
IT WORKS!!
weird…
because i also tried puting it in c:/clips the simplest of folders and that made mocha crash too…
now i just put the clip i want to work with on c:/ and loads just fine…
it must be something to do with the way mocha handles directories… maybe a different way than windows 7 handles them…
i hope there’s a fix for this problem… but at least now i can work with mocha…

ok, reading this forum, i found something about the way mocha deals with directories and filenames…

so… i tried puting 2 of the clips that crashed mocha directly into the c: drive… under no folders…

IT WORKS!!

weird…

because i also tried puting it in c:/clips the simplest of folders and that made mocha crash too…

now i just put the clip i want to work with on c:/ and loads just fine…

it must be something to do with the way mocha handles directories… maybe a different way than windows 7 handles them…

i hope there’s a fix for this problem… but at least now i can work with mocha…