Can't import PAL DV

Just tried to import some PAL DV & got garbage on screen

Nick,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I have been unable to duplicate this issue in test could you provide some more information.

What platform are you using? (I have tested on Mac ppcm intel and Windows with expected results)?

Could you provide a screenshot indicating what this issue is in mocha and a screenshot to see how the clip plays in quicktime?

if you either post your findings here or mail to support@imagineersystems.com I would be greatfull as I would like to pinpoint this issue to find a quick resolve.

Just to update this thread the problem was the Blackmagic Codec here:
[your hard drive]/Library/Quicktime
If you do not have a Blackmagic card or do not deal with Blackmagic encoded footage deleting it will fix the PAL DV problem.
If you do have or use Blackmagic then for now you will need to remove it when using PAL DV footage in mocha & motor.
Hope this helps, for now!.

atb,
Nick

—Quote (Originally by Ijazn)—
I have been unable to duplicate this issue in test could you provide some more information.
—End Quote—
Thanks Ijazn,

What platform are you using? (I have tested on Mac ppcm intel and Windows with expected results)?
—End Quote—
For your info this is on G5 mac (PPC) with ATI X800, I’ll try on my PowerBook later today. OS is 10.4.9 with all updates.

Could you provide a screenshot indicating what this issue is in mocha and a screenshot to see how the clip plays in quicktime?
—End Quote—
I’ll email this & a short DV file as I can’t post attachments here. Could you make it so I can?

If you either post your findings here or mail to support@imagineersystems.com I would be greatfull as I would like to pinpoint this issue to find a quick resolve.
—End Quote—
On it’s way :slight_smile: