Can't load any kind of footage in mocha

I have been having the same problem with the CS4 1.2.2 Soho Edition for over a year now. Finally upgraded to CS5 2.2.0 and the problem seems to have been resolved. All of my files appear to import fine with visible footage in the viewer.
Strange though - all of my footage used to work on the 1.2.2 version until one day it stopped. I don’t recall installing any relevant updates either.
Seems like the only way to solve it is to upgrade.

I have been having the same problem with the CS4 1.2.2 Soho Edition for over a year now. Finally upgraded to CS5 2.2.0 and the problem seems to have been resolved. All of my files appear to import fine with visible footage in the viewer.
Strange though - all of my footage used to work on the 1.2.2 version until one day it stopped. I don’t recall installing any relevant updates either.
Seems like the only way to solve it is to upgrade.

I noticed you’re running mocha for After Effects 1.2.2. The latest version bundled with After Effects is 1.2.3. You should update, it fixes some file formats.

Mocha will only load footage that can be loaded via QuickTime. Try loading the footage into QuickTime Player. If it loads correctly into QuickTime Player, but not into mocha for After Effects 1.2.3, can you please post a short sample so I can work out what’s wrong?

Best regards,

J-P

All our apps are RGB-only. You can load any YUV movie that QuickTime will support, but we do all our processing in RGB space. Mocha will handle 8-bit, 16-bit or 32-bit(float) per component RGB data, so if you load 10-bit YUV footage it will be handled as 16-bit (the exact colourspace chosen depends on the QuickTime codec).

I think you can probably get yv12 support by installing the yv12 QuickTime codec:

http://www.unthinkable.com/products/freeware/yv12qtcodec.html

but I haven’t tried it myself.

J-P

hello, i just installled a legit version of adobe after effects CS4, and i was about to try out how mocha works, but it come in as a surprise that i can’t load any kind of footage in mocha… wheter is VFW/mov/mp4 or whatever, i only get a white alpha BG.

I attached an screen cap, to this post, so you guys can have an idea of my problem

has anyonw had this prob b4? if so, how can i solve it?

i still haven’t upgraded up to the moment i’m making this post dude.

But actually yeah, you are right, this version of mocha, doesn’t recognize anything that Quicktime FourCC can’t load.

and also, can somebody tell me the colorspaces mocha can deal with pls?
i’ve read the readme file, but doesn’t mention that.

since apparently, mocha up to version 1.2.2 can’t handle anything other than RGB color spaces. since for some reason is the only color space i can work with in my distro of mocha…
anytime i try to load yv12 or yuv color spaced footages it just doesn’t work.

is this a bug? is it intentional?
or my pc is fubar? and i’m just making things up?